Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well sorry i havent been around been out in the field the past few weeks...then last day of it sunshine and it hasnt stopped...it sucks so much the Summer is just now starting at the same time winter is in the sites...but fuck it im almost out of alaska

I went to my Medboard conference today and its pretty much set in stone im getting medically discharged however we are waiting to find out if i will be medically Retired or just discharged either way im sad and glad its coming to an end. Which brings me to the point of my thread...im Moving back home.. When i say this i mean the DMV or washington DC,maryland area to be even more specific marriotsville until i buy a house... so i was wondering how many folks are in the area? whats riding like? i left MD/DC in 98 havent beeen back in awhile!

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
Well sorry i havent been around been out in the field the past few weeks...then last day of it sunshine and it hasnt stopped...it sucks so much the Summer is just now starting at the same time winter is in the sites...but fuck it im almost out of alaska

I went to my Medboard conference today and its pretty much set in stone im getting medically discharged however we are waiting to find out if i will be medically Retired or just discharged either way im sad and glad its coming to an end. Which brings me to the point of my thread...im Moving back home.. When i say this i mean the DMV or washington DC,maryland area to be even more specific marriotsville until i buy a house... so i was wondering how many folks are in the area? whats riding like? i left MD/DC in 98 havent beeen back in awhile!
So you start a thread the US Military will discharge you for medical reasons and the first thing on your mind is what's the Riding like?:badteeth:...how about looking for a Job first. :idea::badteeth::helmet:

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
LOL ill be finishing school when i get out . Ill also be getting my VA check monthly which im estimating about 60-80% ..so i wont be hurting with money since ill be getting my GI bill benefits also..i have a PT job lined up if i want it..but school comes first!

oh and im actually entitled to unemployment for 1 year! = )

·
Licensed Dist of HaterAde
11,423 Posts
Bloo's responces NEVER cease to amaze me!!! I love it!! BUT i do wish the OP the best of luck "after" the service and hope things go in your favor as much as possible. my brother in law went thru a similar situation last year and he came out pretty good when everything was said and done.

·
Registered
2,535 Posts
Hey at least your priority's are right.

·
Registered
2,473 Posts
ive never been to Alaska, but id be pretty sure i wouldnt come back to the east after living there. unless you dont like the outdoors, man i hate living in the east after living in the west... it plain sux ass here.. (btw im in NY state)

·
Certified SLOW
3,131 Posts
ive never been to Alaska, but id be pretty sure i wouldnt come back to the east after living there. unless you dont like the outdoors, man i hate living in the east after living in the west... it plain sux ass here.. (btw im in NY state)
Being a rider... I can see why he would want to leave.

·
Registered
2,473 Posts
Being a rider... I can see why he would want to leave.

ya, i know the roads are limited... id still find a way to make it work.. then again i love to hunt and ride atv's...

and IMO we are overtaxed in the east compared to most places in the west. NY is insane, im sure the DC area is just as bad..

·
Registered
945 Posts
ya, i know the roads are limited... id still find a way to make it work.. then again i love to hunt and ride atv's...

and IMO we are overtaxed in the east compared to most places in the west. NY is insane, im sure the DC area is just as bad..
NJ aint much Better Bro,, The North East is pretty much all the same way. At least you guys up in NY State get to pay for everyone in the NYC. :mrgreen: .. Got Folks up In Rome and thats all I hear them complain about..

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
LOL... yea ill be ok for a bit anyway... Alaska is ok...but the winter sucks man...ATVs only can be used in the summer and a summer like this one it was limited.. the snowboarding is awsome..thats about it... i had an ok time but i miss modern conviences and i miss being able to just up and go somewhere if i want with no worries...

i hate that i have to price plane tickets like 8 months in advance just to get an ok deal...

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
LOL ill be finishing school when i get out . Ill also be getting my VA check monthly which im estimating about 60-80% ..so i wont be hurting with money since ill be getting my GI bill benefits also..i have a PT job lined up if i want it..but school comes first!

oh and im actually entitled to unemployment for 1 year! = )
60-80%, GI and Unemployment.....sounds like your set for alot of Riding....good luck!!!!

bloo

·
Of course you are faster
2,062 Posts
So you start a thread the US Military will discharge you for medical reasons and the first thing on your mind is what's the Riding like?:badteeth:...how about looking for a Job first. :idea::badteeth::helmet:
Do remember this is a motorcycle board, not Monster.com:crackup:

Most Ex-mil guys have no problem with the resume', where else can you say...

"qualified to operate all steam plant, hydrolic, pnumatic, and and electrical systems associated with a naval nuclear power plant"...

at age 24.:wink:

they been getting alot of snow in the MD / D.C. area last few winters, my sister lives out that way

Not as much as Alaska though I would suppose.

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
Do remember this is a motorcycle board, not Monster.com:crackup:

Most Ex-mil guys have no problem with the resume', where else can you say...

"qualified to operate all steam plant, hydrolic, pnumatic, and and electrical systems associated with a naval nuclear power plant"...

at age 24.:wink:

they been getting alot of snow in the MD / D.C. area last few winters, my sister lives out that way

Not as much as Alaska though I would suppose.
Exactly.......was just trying to help a fellow Motorcyclist get his priorities strait :heyyou:but seems the brother is going to be better off than me even Unemployed....only in America :badteeth: :lol::helmet:

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
Don't forget with the new GI bill you can go to school for 3 years and they pay your housing at single rate SSgt
WOW!!!!! I bet many take advantage of that offer.....never had anything like that when I was in, in fact I got nothing for 9yrs of service after I left Active Duty, so I joined the National Guard and finished another 11yrs for 20yrs of total service and Retired now.....now I get to use the Commissary for that and cheap food prices but no check in my 40s. :lol:

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Don't forget with the new GI bill you can go to school for 3 years and they pay your housing at single rate SSgt
LOL actually i will recieve bah (basic allowance for housing) for a e-5 w/dep. so ill be getting what i get now except in md...and i believe the bah rate is somewhere around 2000$ so pretty much enough to cover my mortgage. my wife will be working also kinda like a trade off of sorts...

i think ill find away to convince her i need a 2nd and more up to date bike lol

1 - 18 of 18 Posts