Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
4,682 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im running the bike right now to ditch the remaining mr9. When it runs out of gas will I have to do some kinda priming or what? Just put pump gas in and start it?

·
Registered
4,049 Posts
you can go ahead and put pump gas in it.

·
Registered
4,682 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well yea but do i prime it? Or just start it?

·
Registered
4,049 Posts
sczx10r said:
well yea but do i prime it? Or just start it?
You can mix it. To prime it if it is completely empty just cycle the fuel pump on and off.

·
Registered
1,945 Posts
Don't run the pump dry. It uses the fuel to lube the pump... dry tank=dry pump=short life.

Thats the problem with those high priced fuels.. you should really change the oil too because that fuel will get in your oil as well. You;ll be smelling it for a long time..

·
Registered
4,682 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
busaforhire said:
Don't run the pump dry. It uses the fuel to lube the pump... dry tank=dry pump=short life.

Thats the problem with those high priced fuels.. you should really change the oil too because that fuel will get in your oil as well. You;ll be smelling it for a long time..
Dont mind the smell it gives me wood.......

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
man all you gotta do is put in some pump gas and keep right on going, as long as you dont leave the mr9 in for months it wont hurt anything. there is no priming process on fuel injected systems just switch the key, turn it over till it starts and go, been burning that fuel off and on all season

·
Registered
4,682 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Damn this shit last forever... Ive ran the bike up to 195 degrees 3 times and i came home from the dragstrip last night with the fuel light flashing... BTW 6.27

·
Registered
4,049 Posts
sczx10r said:
Damn this shit last forever... Ive ran the bike up to 195 degrees 3 times and i came home from the dragstrip last night with the fuel light flashing... BTW 6.27
What kind of 60FT and MPH?

·
Registered
1,945 Posts
sczx10r said:

lets see that slip.. :eek:ccasion1

·
Registered
4,682 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
all right let me see if i can get the scanner workin.......

·
Registered
1,945 Posts
sczx10r said:
all right let me see if i can get the scanner workin.......
just take a digital picture of it and post it.. works just the same.

·
Registered
4,682 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Working on it

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
just curious man, bobster, when is the last time you put clutches in your bike

·
Registered
4,682 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
GOOD GOD!!!!!!!! this shit takes forever to burn off!!!!!! Ok sunday around 1 am my bikes "low fuel" light comes on well here we are tuesday at lunch. I have ran the bike idleing about 10 times up to 200 degrees {takes about 10 minutes} And still have some in my gas tank! I will syfon the shit next time....

·
Registered
4,682 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
btw when this shit is gone i will be able to weld in the garage again so i can finaly get the how too done.

·
Registered
1,945 Posts
Your going to smell that stuff for months to come I'm tellin ya..That is exactly why I don't run it... it's bad news IMO. I won't even go into the bearing problems that we had with a guys bike because he left that junk sitting in his motor. I'd tell you to smell your oil but I'd guess the smell around the bike is so strong you wouldn't be able to tell whether it's coming from the fuel tank or the oil...lol

·
Registered
4,682 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Or my garage,or my backyard,or my neiborhood,or my zip code lol I've got to get like 500 miles to a tank or something like that.
Seriously I cant give up them 11 ponies but I will definatly think twice befor another full tank of it. maybe just a gallon or two for raceing. but I know I have surpassed the 120mile tank usual milage. By FAR! I think im around 200 or 180

·
Hillbillie Mod
20,155 Posts
I still cant understand this thread.

Gas is gas. Just cause it dont come from SHELL, dont mean you need to run your tank dry...????

I know racers that cant afford to run race gas only so they run a mix of 1/2 pump, 1/2 race.

I guess if youre just gonnna let your bike sit for a few months you'd want it out...but seems to me that it'd be eaiser to just pull your tank and pour it out, instead of running out of gas somewhere on the road...

:dontknow:

1 - 20 of 26 Posts