Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just dropped my 2012 ZX-10R and my 2008 concours 14 off at the dealer as my deposit on a new SX SE. The dealer said they should start shipping them out next month. The freaking bags that in my opinion should be standard cost $1,220. once you buy all the crap needed for them. Hopefully someone like Brock takes one in and develops some badass go fast parts.

·
Registered
4,818 Posts
Very cool. IIRC the compression is like 11.2:1 instead of the much lower H2 or even lower yet H2R. Should be interesting to see comparing and contrasting. The bags do look good but they have such a low weight limit. Nevertheless, nice bike. If you don't mind...what are they hitting you for price-wise?

·
The Pace
7,164 Posts
you guys, he bought a 530 pounder with 1200 dollar BAGS...a commute bike? Tires? not there yet as we will need a soft tire that will take that weight for at least 3000 miles of twists and none exist yet. Assuming that the bike handles, I would shred met rr rear inside 800 miles and doubt the bridgestone rs will fare much better.

Bags? bags on a gem is like cosmetics on an old whore, (Orwell, 1984)

however, do what you want.

edit: his sx whatever is the H2

·
Registered
4,818 Posts
you guys, he bought a 530 pounder with 1200 dollar BAGS...a commute bike? Tires? not there yet as we will need a soft tire that will take that weight for at least 3000 miles of twists and none exist yet. Assuming that the bike handles, I would shred met rr rear inside 800 miles and doubt the bridgestone rs will fare much better.

wat

·
Registered
790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Haha! Supercharger fun. I imagine that quite a bit of the go fast research from the [email protected] will carry over to the SX.... should be fun!
I hope so. I'm sure I'll be picking your brain for guidance with upgrades. I'll let you know when I'm picking it up you want. You know the dealership.

Smart move sir. Especially if you don’t track them zx.
I've still got my supermoto race bike for track fun. Ever sense I got that the ZX10-R only made it to the track a couple times. I'll still take the sx out on the track on occasion.
Very cool. IIRC the compression is like 11.2:1 instead of the much lower H2 or even lower yet H2R. Should be interesting to see comparing and contrasting. The bags do look good but they have such a low weight limit. Nevertheless, nice bike. If you don't mind...what are they hitting you for price-wise?
$22k and they are going to give me the bags at dealer cost.

They have a left over 2016 H2 sitting there that is very tempting. but I think I'm going to gamble on the H2 SX having enough power to be a blast.

·
Registered
790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

Scout I still have no idea WTF you are trying to say anytime you type on this forum. Are you using using Google translate to switch your posts to English from another language?

I think your worried about tires for a big bike saying good tires don't exist for them? Busa's, Zx14r's, Concours 14 etc have been around for quite awhile and haven't had tire issues. Plenty of guys ride these and cut up curves with them without any issues.

The second thing I think I'm getting is you have an issue with the bags. Well first off if you don't like them don't buy it. Second the bags are detachable. Third believe it or not some people ride their bikes more than on the same "loop" and can use the bags to haul gear or clothes or tents or the wife's purse.

It's odd that your concern is with the looks, tires and weight of a bike you're not buying. Yet you refuse to change the oil in your bike. That blown engine may be lighter, prettier and easier on tires but its definitely not as fun to ride while it's internals have grenaded.

·
Registered
718 Posts
Scout I still have no idea WTF you are trying to say anytime you type on this forum. Are you using using Google translate to switch your posts to English from another language?

I think your worried about tires for a big bike saying good tires don't exist for them? Busa's, Zx14r's, Concours 14 etc have been around for quite awhile and haven't had tire issues. Plenty of guys ride these and cut up curves with them without any issues.

The second thing I think I'm getting is you have an issue with the bags. Well first off if you don't like them don't buy it. Second the bags are detachable. Third believe it or not some people ride their bikes more than on the same "loop" and can use the bags to haul gear or clothes or tents or the wife's purse.

It's odd that your concern is with the looks, tires and weight of a bike you're not buying. Yet you refuse to change the oil in your bike. That blown engine may be lighter, prettier and easier on tires but its definitely not as fun to ride while it's internals have grenaded.
This... omg ... all of this

·
Registered
569 Posts
I hope so. I'm sure I'll be picking your brain for guidance with upgrades. I'll let you know when I'm picking it up you want. You know the dealership.

I've still got my supermoto race bike for track fun. Ever sense I got that the ZX10-R only made it to the track a couple times. I'll still take the sx out on the track on occasion.
$22k and they are going to give me the bags at dealer cost.

They have a left over 2016 H2 sitting there that is very tempting. but I think I'm going to gamble on the H2 SX having enough power to be a blast.
I could have got a sweeeeet deal on 16 h2. But what stopped me is it doesn’t haven the internal imu my Gen 5 does.

·
The Pace
7,164 Posts

please, do whatever you want; trust me, I could care less. Request that you ignore all my comments; please block me. go away! lol

·
OMG Look at that squid!!
2,595 Posts
I think the SX is bitchin' man! You're gonna focking love it. Looking forward to your opinions of it.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts