Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
for another submission grappling event at our club the end of July. I am in the process of getting down to 199 pounds (or lighter). I actually started back in October/November. I was at about 260 pounds then. Currently I am at 228 (as of Saturday).

Just thought I would post up and let ya'll know!!

Anyways, back you your regularly scheduled programming!

·
Guilty by association
8,751 Posts
Is it MMA or selected style matches? that is a lot of weight for you to drop. Was it all muscle or you winter coat? Good luck anyway

·
Registered
2,524 Posts
for another submission grappling event at our club the end of July. I am in the process of getting down to 199 pounds (or lighter). I actually started back in October/November. I was at about 260 pounds then. Currently I am at 228 (as of Saturday).

Just thought I would post up and let ya'll know!!

Anyways, back you your regularly scheduled programming!
nice keep us updated bro, im down from 216 to 199 :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,080 Posts
Good Luck!

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
it's just getting back to what I SHOULD be at! It is all styles....But most practice BJJ. Our club is a traditional Japanese Combat Jujitsu club.

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Funny I should run across this today!! Started training in Brazilian jiu jitsu last March. Had 1 comp already last October. Took 3rd. Have another one in May. Kids are competing next month.

I ended up at 206 for the comp above. Lost a lot of strength during the cut. I screwed up by listening to the wrong people. I learned a lot about cutting weight, though. I know how I respond to certain things. I will be dropping some weight for the comp in May. I am at 240 right now and will compete at 221. I will keep my weight around there. I was up to about 270 before restarting jiu jitsu. I was deep into powerlifting but got too burned out on it. Much happier with bjj and DeMile Self Defense!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts