3,449 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

·
Registered
3,449 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
treyzx10r said:
that tank looks tite:thumbsup:
I knew you gonna love it Trey.:thumbsup: I'm not going to be making a big project just the heel guard for my sato's:mrgreen:but you never know may be building more. I'll be taking pics and vid the whole seminar.:wink:

·
Green Hippie
17,566 Posts
kawi1000 said:
I knew you gonna love it Trey.:thumbsup: I'm not going to be making a big project just the heel guard for my sato's:mrgreen:but you never know may be building more. I'll be taking pics and vid the whole seminar.:wink:
:lol: yea been trying to justify spending the coin on a cf tank but just ca'nt:sad: looking forward to seeing some of your completed works:thumbsup:

·
Registered
3,449 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
madnessracing said:
:thumbsup: thats some good stuff there!! can they make anything?
Yes, Something simple from heat shield, heel guard, and exhaust hangers. Just to get an Idea what are involve making the molds and materials needed, the rest is yours if your thinking a bigger project at home.

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
Niiiice. There's a kid that just started working with me, that was a c/f tech for a company the did stuff for NASA etc. He'd be working next to me now, and we are working out a little bartering. Let the mods begin.

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
I'm experimenting with the fiberglass first, alot cheaper. I think the hardest part, for me anyways, is mounting tabs. Like the rear tail section that holds the brake light in, etc. Guess I'll just keep plugging away till I get it right.

·
Registered
3,449 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
speedfreak said:
I'm experimenting with the fiberglass first, alot cheaper. I think the hardest part, for me anyways, is mounting tabs. Like the rear tail section that holds the brake light in, etc. Guess I'll just keep plugging away till I get it right.
If you use the OEM rear ferring to make mold should be that difficult. When you lay down the cloth and apply the the resin should show the holes. Sample the heel guard
you notice the holes at the end of the heel guard from the OEM part.

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
Holes are fine it's the tabs that extrude inside the bodywork. Don't know how you would go about molding those.

·
Registered
3,449 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
speedfreak said:
Holes are fine it's the tabs that extrude inside the bodywork. Don't know how you would go about molding those.
If you can't mold it from the out side using Epoxy resin and add High Density filler (make sure almost like paste and poke with tooth pick to get rid of the bubbles,) could use the clay to make the mold and glue it together using the Super Hard Epoxy. Sample pics.:mrgreen: Don't forget to put painters tap at the buttom.

Attachments

1 - 17 of 17 Posts