Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
All show and all go 10r
5,921 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I took my 05 ZX6R to unfortunately the only suspension shop that's local, not that there bad or anything. Getting ohlins springs front and rear, Ohlins piston kit up in the front and then general servicing. Hoping to get some major feel into the suspension cause the first place it's going after is the track. I'll review my personal experience in the suspension change and how worth it, it was.

·
All show and all go 10r
5,921 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Got the bike back today first off this is exactly what got done.

Re-valve street and road raceforks
ohlins piston kit super sport FG
ohlins R&T 43 1309
R/T fork springs .95kg
k-tech comp adj showa 1.5mm 2007>

Asked why my suspension was so bad before, oil was black and worn. Asked how often forks should be serviced and the response was for normal street use 15000kms, in a fast road/trackday once a season depending on how aggressive you are. Looking forward to the trackday next Friday. Front end seems very responsive/smooth. Rebound is very quick and snappy.

·
All show and all go 10r
5,921 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So I crashed twice on my trackday, slide out the rear and didn't stand up the bike and I locked the front tucking the front. Was a fun slide. I can definitely say the feel was incredible. Bike no longer dived like it had nothing better to do. And I could pretty much feel everything that was going on. Probably should have soften the Suspension for the rain but hey live and learn. I definitely would recommend doing this. It's not nearly as much as cartridges and the bang for your buck seems pretty damn good.

Just a quick comparison between these forks and my stock 10r, the 6r front end is leaps and bounds smoother.

·
Registered
1,688 Posts
So I crashed twice on my trackday, slide out the rear and didn't stand up the bike and I locked the front tucking the front. Was a fun slide. I can definitely say the feel was incredible. Bike no longer dived like it had nothing better to do. And I could pretty much feel everything that was going on. Probably should have soften the Suspension for the rain but hey live and learn. I definitely would recommend doing this. It's not nearly as much as cartridges and the bang for your buck seems pretty damn good.

Just a quick comparison between these forks and my stock 10r, the 6r front end is leaps and bounds smoother.
The 08 10s front springs are way too stiff!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts