Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am getting my bike dyno'd for the first time next Wednesday. I'm hoping that this will eliminate the backfiring. Is there anything that I need to be aware of or make sure I ask the tech before he begins?

·
Registered
591 Posts
I am getting my bike dyno'd for the first time next Wednesday. I'm hoping that this will eliminate the backfiring. Is there anything that I need to be aware of or make sure I ask the tech before he begins?
are you doing a dyno tune with a pc111 or doing just a dyno run?

·
Registered
591 Posts
What is a blockoff plate and where do you get them?
you take off the clean air intake crap and bolt the plates over the holes located on top of the head. ivan sells them. they are like 30 or 40 dollars of i remember right. removing the clean air intake stuff keeps the bike from shooting air into you pipes to make the exhaust fumes burn in the pipe making it pop.

·
Speed Freak
12,730 Posts
if your gettin back firing at 0% throttle on decel, try taking -10 numbers off the 0% line.....usually does the trick, if not try adding 10%

·
Registered
363 Posts
Don't waste your money on block off plates. Flip the reed valve fingers over on the plates, and flip the entire plate assembly over. Rotate it 90 degrees from the way it was before, and reinstall the plate and cover.

·
Registered
591 Posts
Don't waste your money on block off plates. Flip the reed valve fingers over on the plates, and flip the entire plate assembly over. Rotate it 90 degrees from the way it was before, and reinstall the plate and cover.

you still need to plug the holes from the original assembly and also need to plug the airbox hole dont you? or do you leave everything in place if you use that method?

·
Registered
363 Posts
Here is a writeup with pics a few posts down in the thread:
http://zx-10r.net/forum/showthread.php?t=38602

If you keep the valve in place (I don't - extra weight) plugging the hoses may not even be needed since when the valve opens air can't get past the reconfigured plates. If you remove the valve, then yes you need to plug the hole in the airbox.

·
Registered
201 Posts
I've done both the custom map, and the block off-plates. The map helped my backfiring quite a bit, but it still happens on occasion. In my opinion, the block off plates didn't do a thing. Again....That's just my opinion. I'd get the dyno/map done first before rippin' your bike apart to get at those suckers...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts