Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So next weekend I'm flying down to oregon to get a 2005 ZX-10R that has been in a high side. the upper plastics, windshield, pegs and left controls are pretty ratched up. The mechanics of the bike are still fine, it runs straight and has a clean title. so I'm planning on bringing it back to vancouver bc and fixing it up and doing a custom paint job on it. I'll be looking for parts and installing some upgrades to it as well such as a GPR damper and champ sliders so i may need a bit of guidance in some areas, but i'm really looking forward to this bike and having a fun summer with it.
This will be my first sport bike that i have personally owned but I've had my time on others. I learned on my brother in law's 99 600 ninja and have had access to my dad's blackbird but i'm expecting this bike to be a totally different animal than those bikes even.
I currently have a 1982 suzuki 1100GS that i'm just about done fixing up to my liking, a 1981 750GS that i haven't even started fixing, and i just sold my 99 1100 shadow (thats how i'm affording this 10R).
well thats about all i can think of for my introduction. I look forward to talking with everybody here about these bikes.

·
Registered
197 Posts
:welcome: and good luck with the bike, how cheap are you getting the bike for if you dont mind me asking. this is prolly best site for advice with just about anything

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i'm getting it for $4000, which i think is a good price, and it has like 3000 miles on it as well

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
actually i'm planning on painting it white :D
I've just had somewhat of an obsession with white sport bikes recently

·
Postwhore with an 04
4,387 Posts
actually i'm planning on painting it white :D
I've just had somewhat of an obsession with white sport bikes recently
:hello: and :welcome:

should look pretty sweet, there are a couple white ones but I don't think I've seen a white 1st gen. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
33 Posts
:welcome: your gonna love the 10r i went from an 05 zx6 to the 05 10r ....its 10 times the bike..all i did was go -1 on front sprocket and a gpr stabilizer ....and i can honestly say i have no desire for any other bike aside from being sexy as hell its scary fast!!!:eek:ccasion1

·
Beginner w/29k miles :o)
3,008 Posts
:welcome::hello::welcome:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts