• Look for a reputable tunner

Votes: 19 95.0%

• Total voters
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Postwhore with an 04
4,387 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are all tunning centers pretty much the same. There are a couple PC3 certified tuners located by me so should I just go to one of them or look for a shop that I know has a decent reputation? For instance Ivan is a bit of a drive but if it would be that much better I wouldn't mind making the trip.

Lets here your opinions.

·
Registered
2,524 Posts
Are all tunning centers pretty much the same. There are a couple PC3 certified tuners located by me so should I just go to one of them or look for a shop that I know has a decent reputation? For instance Ivan is a bit of a drive but if it would be that much better I wouldn't mind making the trip.

Lets here your opinions.
ask around for others and see who had good/bad experiences and look at their dyno graph's if they have them its all about the air/fuel ratio, should be table top flat when they are done :thumbsup:

·
Registered
352 Posts
We're most definitely not all the same. If the "Tuner" doesn't know what he's doing or doesn't take pride in his work, you'll be wasting your money. Once you get a tune, if you're not happy with it, the Tuner should re-map it until you are for free. Might wanna check into that with who you pick.

·
Registered
2,106 Posts
Yes i have to agree you need to find someone that takes their work seriously loves doing dyno tunes & has all of the uptodate hardware as well.A good tuner can alway's squeeze a little more Hp out of your bike & also get your Air Fuel almost dead nutz as well.

·
Registered
352 Posts
Yes i have to agree you need to find someone that takes their work seriously loves doing dyno tunes & has all of the uptodate hardware as well.A good tuner can alway's squeeze a little more Hp out of your bike & also get your Air Fuel almost dead nutz as well.
There's more to it than making power and a 13.1-3:1 AFR. Anybody with Tuning Link can get that AFR, but it's only a baseline. Every bike likes different AF#'s, meaning your bike could make more power AND HAVE BETTER RIDABILITY with a tick or two fatter or leaner. The trick and time consuming part is finding where the bike you're sitting on likes the AFR.
Also, peak power is secondary, unless someone tells me they only do dyno-shootouts(which has yet to happen). A good mid-range is worth more than a good peak number every day of the week. Once again ridability and a smooth power band is most important.
That's how I tune.

·
Postwhore with an 04
4,387 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks fellas! I'm going to just run a basic map for a little bit once I put the full system on and then as soon as I install my cam and thin head gasket I will look for a decent place to get a custom tune.

·
Registered
209 Posts
One benefit is a dynojet dyno with trained staff can map your bike alot faster. The dyno software they use can 'auto' map fueling at each throttle position right through the rev range without the operator doing it manually.

In theory after just a few runs this can get fueling perfect...then be tweaked from there

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
First off I am calling some of my fellow Grunts and Jarheads to find the poster above's position so I can drop a Mortar round on him. Looks like he is encoding some plot to kill us and we need to take him out. :mrgreen:

West Chester dude. You bought the Beets right? I believe you talked to my friend before. Anyhow were not to far from you. About 35 minutes. I am thinking about going to " Fast by Ferracci " in like 1-2 months. He's in Willow Grove - 19091. I heard good things about him. Commander Cert and has software. Maybe some time you'll wanna meet up and ride there. We might be able to get a discount if we pick the same day to go - never know. I also know some one else who expecting to go there this summer as well. Check out his site.

http://www.ferracci.com/

·
Postwhore with an 04
4,387 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yeah I got the beet! I actually checked it out. Called they charge $250 for a custom map. I was going to ask if anyone heard anything about them.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts