Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So a little background, my 1st bike was an 05 zx10r, then i went with a 2012 z1000, now i got a 4th gen zx10r(will arrive on wednesday, it's on a boat on the way to my city). The tires that came with the bike needs replacement as they loom to be expired and dry, bike only has 4000km on it. Will pirelli angel GT be okay? Bike won't be tracked. Roads here in the Philippines aren't really good. I can also get a metzeler m7rr but the available size is 200/55. 190/55 vs 200/55 any pros and cons? Thanks

·
Registered
25 Posts
As Victors stated the 2012 is a Gen 4, basically 2011-2015 are Gen 4.

As for the Angel GTs, they are OK if you will be commuting and not really pushing I the twisties. I wouldn't upgrade to the 200s unless there was a performance benefit I a want to achieve to solve some kind of problem I'm having which is not related to your situation in any case, I'd stick to the 190s.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
As Victors stated the 2012 is a Gen 4, basically 2011-2015 are Gen 4.

As for the Angel GTs, they are OK if you will be commuting and not really pushing I the twisties. I wouldn't upgrade to the 200s unless there was a performance benefit I a want to achieve to solve some kind of problem I'm having which is not related to your situation in any case, I'd stick to the 190s.
Yeah that was a typo. It's 2012 Z1000 not zx10r. Anyways the reason why i'm considering a 200/55 is because a shop near me has it and it's kinda hard to get tires here, it's a metzeler m7rr. Would like to know the downsides of going 200/55 because i'm reading conflicting opinions.

·
Registered
25 Posts
The M7RR is a great all round tire and it is especially good in the wet. As far as the size is concerned, I can't really help because I don't have any first hand experience with 200s.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The M7RR is a great all round tire and it is especially good in the wet. As far as the size is concerned, I can't really help because I don't have any first hand experience with 200s.
There's no available m7rr front, is it okay to run an m5 front?

·
Registered
184 Posts
I would stay with a matched set. Whatever it may be. No internet shipping to the Philippines? 200, larger contact patch but slower turn in. Good for the track but not so good for tight canyon riding. Stick with the 190, but in a pinch, the 200 won't be too bad.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I would stay with a matched set. Whatever it may be. No internet shipping to the Philippines? 200, larger contact patch but slower turn in. Good for the track but not so good for tight canyon riding. Stick with the 190, but in a pinch, the 200 won't be too bad.
Agreed, definitely stick with a matched set, sometimes mismatches can cause instability.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Agreed, definitely stick with a matched set, sometimes mismatches can cause instability.
Okay will do. I'll probably just swap my Angel gt from my z1000 to the zx10r. The zx10r has thick tires, bt016r but there seems to be dry cracks. It will be here in a few hours and i'll inspect it. If tires aren't here i'll swap my angel gt.

·
Registered
184 Posts
BT 016 isn't a bad tire but it isn't gonna win any races. RS10 is better. Q3+ is better yet. Michelin RS is really good too. Not too much mileage with these though.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Read the manufacture date on that tire. It's in the little rectangular box on the side of the tire. It's gonna say something like 0914. Which means 9th month of 2014. Got it?

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Quite disappointed with the bike's condition. Considering it's 4000km it looks kinda beat up. Mechanic didn't mention anything in detail about the cosmetics, only checked the engine.

And funny that you guys mentioned the S21, i was just looking at it last night. It goes for $350 over here.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts