Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
582 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Gettin Ready for Nov. the 2nd ...(UTI vs. MMI drags) ... Well this will be my first time at the track and I got a couple a questions about my setup and lookin for some Suggestions...
First I have a 06 with a BMC Race Filter and A&R Baffles. A dyno out here said that I Put down bout 164 to the ground with -1 Tooth in the rear.
I will be lowered 2 in" frt. and rear with a strap so the front end doesn't telescope at all. The only other thing is that I will have a Shinko 190 (soft) tire and I have no clue about what pressure I need to run. I have been thinkin bout a Kevlar clutch since I still rock the stock original w/ almost 18k miles on it. Do yall think the clutch will hold at what ever given RPM I should launch at?
Sry bout the long post I'm just bored at work and have nothing else to do!
Bolds are sorta some of the ?s that I have...

·
Registered
582 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes Sir

·
inappropriate
7,728 Posts
just curious, why -1 rear?

·
Registered
582 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Gas Mileage ... I average bout 44 mpg a tank from school and work...

·
Registered
582 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well i run 40 psi regularly out here in Phx ... got the shinko cause it was 120 and i need new rubber anyways

·
Beginner w/29k miles :o)
3,008 Posts
good luck Moto!

·
Registered
582 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
What yall think about my clutch .... Stock with 18k ... It doesn't slip now but after a couple of launches who knows ... Can get EBC Kevlar with stiffer springs for 90bucks ... so i might do that.

·
Shorty's Performance
8,860 Posts
Call Dwayne at cycle concepts! He will give you some good advise and he got pretty much everything in stock.

·
Registered
413 Posts
Good luck with that gearing ratio. I'm -1 up front and have a hard time getting out of the clutch launching from 5-6K. I get a lot of bog down if I don't stay in the clutch a bit. I feel like i need to go +2 in the rear on top of the -1 front to get it going. But 44mph is pretty sweet. Good luck man and be safe!

·
Registered
211 Posts
The Strip @ Las Vegas Motor Speedway !

Well I run 40 psi regularly out here in Phoenix AZ . . .

Got the shinko cause it was 120 and I need new rubber anyways.
We got a dragbike race November 8, 2008 at Speedworld in AZ.

You know that we will be in Vegas this weekend . . .

The Strip @ Las Vegas Motor Speedway.

Check www.LVMS.com for track info.

It's October 18, & 19, 2008 . . .

See www.MDRA4U.com

Team WandL Racing.

Red, *<:){)-

·
Registered
582 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yea I will be out at speedworld for sure on the 2nd!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts