Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So the other day I was riding home from the gym, and there off to my right going WAY to fast down a merge lane comes a Harley. The dude has on a pope cap for a helmet a wife beater and jeans and he is doing like 130km/h (about 70 miles/h maybe?). I am in the "fast lane" just cruisin' maybe 100km/h, anyway this dork bolts right over and gets on my ass and is riding behind me but next to me in the same lane (you know?) like he is my bud or something!

He is so close to me I have to shoulder check IN MY OWN LANE to make a left turn (at this point I am closer to the white line because he is up close to the yellow) anyway I get into the turn lane and he pulls up beside me! I look over and just then the light turns green...well no more of this! I jam through 3 gears and I am gone...he is just a speck in my mirror (next to my elbow). But this isn't the first time this has happened it happens all the time, people ride up with me and I have no idea who they are never mind if they are going to wreck me... one asshole even PASSED ME IN MY OWN LANE!

I have buds who I ride with and I trust 100%, heck I even get close enough to one guy I ride with I leaned over and hit his kill switch :lol: (OK maybe not that smart) but we trust each other, and we both know how the other rides. That is imporatnt to me, anyway I don't want some loser who is on his first bike or even if he has been riding for longer than I have been alive, sitting on my tail. I need a sticker for my helmet that says: "I DON'T KNOW YOU SO PISS OFF!"
Sorry this was a long post... Does this happened to you, I am sure it has... anyway it makes me mad.

·
Registered
5,179 Posts
05zx10pilot said:
I need a sticker for my helmet that says: "I DON'T KNOW YOU SO PISS OFF!"
Lol!!! :crackup: :crackup: :crackup:

Generally I agree, but I have had a couple riders join me and had a pretty good run with them. As long as they aren't crowdin' me or doin' stupid shit I don't mind if they tag along. From my experience though, the Hardley crowd usually disappears after the first couple good corners. :thumbsup:

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
05zx10pilot said:
So the other day I was riding home from the gym, and there off to my right going WAY to fast down a merge lane comes a Harley. The dude has on a pope cap for a helmet a wife beater and jeans and he is doing like 130km/h (about 70 miles/h maybe?). I am in the "fast lane" just cruisin' maybe 100km/h, anyway this dork bolts right over and gets on my ass and is riding behind me but next to me in the same lane (you know?) like he is my bud or something!

He is so close to me I have to shoulder check IN MY OWN LANE to make a left turn (at this point I am closer to the white line because he is up close to the yellow) anyway I get into the turn lane and he pulls up beside me! I look over and just then the light turns green...well no more of this! I jam through 3 gears and I am gone...he is just a speck in my mirror (next to my elbow). But this isn't the first time this has happened it happens all the time, people ride up with me and I have no idea who they are never mind if they are going to wreck me... one asshole even PASSED ME IN MY OWN LANE!

I have buds who I ride with and I trust 100%, heck I even get close enough to one guy I ride with I leaned over and hit his kill switch :lol: (OK maybe not that smart) but we trust each other, and we both know how the other rides. That is imporatnt to me, anyway I don't want some loser who is on his first bike or even if he has been riding for longer than I have been alive, sitting on my tail. I need a sticker for my helmet that says: "I DON'T KNOW YOU SO PISS OFF!"
Sorry this was a long post... Does this happened to you, I am sure it has... anyway it makes me mad.
that's why you keep the zx10r stickers on for the 600's, and harleys I have no tolerance like you just did....hit it and see them disapear that's really the only response because I'm like you don't trust them which also applies to cars that get to close...se ya later or go in front but stay away from me. :thumbsup:

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
Louks03 said:
They come in all forms.
Yes they do indeed. Fortunately the 10 is able to dictate its own terms. :wink:

·
Registered
2,386 Posts
gee - sounds like this guy was too close and not on a matched bike.

But do you really feel that way if another sportsbike pulls up with you?

I do it all the time. People do it to me.

Shit just tonight I was darting back and forth with an 05 GSXR 1000 (they are everywhere here already!) We were in the same lane quite alot.

i do not think it bothered either of us.

Also on another post you said you are from a small town.

there are millions down here. I guess we are just used to sharing the road with others.

BTW - I pass other bikes in their lane all the time.

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
I don't care if a sport bike wants to hang out on the road with me, just no atitude please. I actualy meet a girl on a new 600 yami after the races at a gas station and we were both alone heading home and I asked her if she wants to ride back together and also how long she has been riding. She says year and a half but, who cares. I start taking it easy just incase she doesn't like to go fast and then she goes in front of me showing me that tatoo from behind just off her ass and taking down traffic. It was fun for the 20min we had. Then I went home to the wife :sad:

·
Registered
675 Posts
I love to ride together in packs....I love to ride in solitude.... I love to ride two up and solo. Just don't invade my space or try to jack me up in my lane cuz I will efff U up....Now that that is all clear...let's ride.....

·
Registered
3,118 Posts
interesting.....i tend to agree with pilot.....i don't like strangers riding up next to me in the same lane on the interstate. I'm not worried about being passed in the same lane because it will never happen unless i'm totally asleep or something and then i deserved it. i don't mind it as much in town or stopping at the redlights having someone next to me but on the highway going at speed i like to have room to manuver quickly. when my friends and i ride in a group we make sure that everyone understands that once we move out to the interstate you space out a little more and ride in a staggered formation. I would never pass another bike in the same lane because of what could happen to you or the bike you're passing when you suddenly scare the sh*t out of them. I move to the next lane and if thats not possible i wait till i'm sure they see me and move over.

·
Registered
194 Posts
I split my time between my 10 and my Fatboy. If I see a nice piece I'll cruise on up take a gander give the dude or duett the thumbs up and then back off. You can usually tell who doesn't want to be bothered with ya.

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Crispin I used to live in a small town but now I live in Calgary, close to 1M people and it is said the biggest sportbike market in Canada (not trying to give attitude but it sounds like it here...really, I'm not trying :wink: ). I actually like to ride up with my buds, and if you want to ride with me and you don't know me don't crowd me. That is what I find is happening here, I was almost wrecked by a dude riding with me when he went wide around a corner. I love my bike and I love my life as much and in my line of work I see too many stupid crashes by novice riders and I REALLY don't want to ride with those goofs. So until proven otherwise (like I know who you are) ride with me (... behind me) but I still want it to look like there are 2 bikes in my lane not just one

1 - 14 of 14 Posts