Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
349 Posts
all over atl

and mtns
Ditto.

Most of my riding comes via commuting but I do occasionally get to the GA mtns or beyond. Have been planning to make a run to WNC for a while now ... hopefully it'll actually happen in the next few weeks.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Carrollton here. The guys I ride with from my old ZX6R forum reside in Cumming/Kennesaw.

If you guys ever go on a non-squidly mature ride with some mildly aggressive twistys, PM me!

I think I'm going to Cheahaw next week.....maybe Helen.

·
Registered
382 Posts
Weather's ben so weird lately with isolated showers and all :( i'll post up next time i am planning for the mountains for sure!
I am planning to go to barber 8/24-25 though. Any of you guys thinking about it?

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

·
Registered
84 Posts
Weather's ben so weird lately with isolated showers and all :( i'll post up next time i am planning for the mountains for sure!
I am planning to go to barber 8/24-25 though. Any of you guys thinking about it?

Yeah, I'm with you. I decided to ride to work today and it said it was gonna rain at 4PM and at 10PM. When I got to work and checked the weather, all clear.

Bastards almost prevented me from riding today with their false forecasts!

Who are you going with? STT?

·
Registered
382 Posts
Yea stupid weather!

Been with nesba couple of years but not really out of loyalty or anything just have a couple of buddies there i catch up with usually. Anyway, in August with nesba again i suppose..

·
Registered
84 Posts
Yea stupid weather!

Been with nesba couple of years but not really out of loyalty or anything just have a couple of buddies there i catch up with usually. Anyway, in August with nesba again i suppose..

I only ride with X-Act since theres no membership fee. Still getting my feet wet on this track thing so I only have a few track days under my belt.

·
Registered
382 Posts
Ah i'm pretty much just out there having a good time is all.

I saw x-act has a date in Nov this year @ Barber and that's a little too late. Last time i did this people kept falling like bags of potatoes all day long cause it's cold early in the am and late pm lol

August should be damn near perfect though! As long as we get a break from the rain anyway :)

This reminds me, i gotta hit up [email protected] for some new rotors cause mine warped last track day :(

·
Registered
84 Posts
Ah i'm pretty much just out there having a good time is all.

I saw x-act has a date in Nov this year @ Barber and that's a little too late. Last time i did this people kept falling like bags of potatoes all day long cause it's cold early in the am and late pm lol

August should be damn near perfect though! As long as we get a break from the rain anyway :)

This reminds me, i gotta hit up [email protected] for some new rotors cause mine warped last track day :(

They also have one in early September that I'll likely attend.

Can't beat 100 dollars....

·
Registered
349 Posts
Xact runs at little tally, right? Now that I have a full suit I'd like to get out and try a trackday one of these days.

May need to get the wife's 6R up and running for the first one though... Would hate for something to happen to my 10! :)

·
Registered
382 Posts
Xact runs at little tally, right? Now that I have a full suit I'd like to get out and try a trackday one of these days.

May need to get the wife's 6R up and running for the first one though... Would hate for something to happen to my 10! :)
Dude, what happens to your 10 on the track is entirely up to you... as long as you pay attention and know your limits you'll be just fine :)

·
Registered
349 Posts
Dude, what happens to your 10 on the track is entirely up to you... as long as you pay attention and know your limits you'll be just fine :)

Yeah, excellent point. Certainly more (completely) 'in my control' than a typical trip to the mtns ... which doesn't stop me from doing that.

Practically speaking, how insane is it to consider riding to/fro an event? I realize that riding on the track takes its toll, but is it really any worse/harder than a 300+ mile day in the mountains?

·
Registered
349 Posts
Heading to the NGA mountains tomorrow ... finally get to break in the new (to me) bike right. If anyone else gets out, ride safe! And maybe we'll cross paths @ Riders Hill.

1 - 20 of 58 Posts