Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

21 - 40 of 261 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
well i guess it all depends on what people regard as weird noises.. i had another kawa mechanic listen to it and telling me that mine was perfectly normal cam chain rattle and that they all did that, that diddnt really sit well with my experience with engines so i got a stetoscope and started listening, i can clearly hear the rattle coming from the generator and not the cam chain tensioner, i might just have over sensitive ears but time will tell when i get the fucker out.
Best of luck to you tho :wink:

·
Registered
83 Posts
yeah i listened to mine with a stethoscope too right on the generator shaft and theres a little rattle but its not crazy like things are getting ready to self destruct...

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
well then i guess i would go ahead with that repair aslong as you can hear the rattle, atleast take it out and check that you have the 1.2mm spacer instead of the 1mm one, and check the clearance to see if you need to shim it up to spec

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
for sure.... post what you find when you get yours apart, im prob gonna order the full set of shims to be safe...
Will do, i ordered all the shims and gaskets for mine so will do this as soon as i can, if you do order it would you post the cost of it? would be nice to see price range worldwide.. i live in norway so it will probably be a tad more expencive over here.

·
Supercharged Mod
4,391 Posts
On Bikebandit those shims are something like $3 each. Dirt cheap in parts, just some labour involved, plus it gives a good chance to do a thorough inspection of the generator assembly in case there are any issues. I'm curious to see what the innards of mine are like after 70,000 km.

·
Supercharged Mod
4,391 Posts
I only used Bikebandit to get a quick price. Best bet is to order them from the dealer to get the right ones.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
ended up at 100$ for all the spacers/washers at the local shop over here, sendt them another mail about the gaskets aswell but dont have a reply on that yet.

·
Registered
83 Posts
yeah ill let you know the price, i need to replace my stator and i found one on ebay for 144 shipped. gotta call the dealer and get the spacers though

·
Registered
90 Posts
my stator windings died and im having no luck finding a C gear 05 generator, and i dont need this thing coming apart and wrecking my motor. i think im going to have no choice but to re use the 04 style generator and change the parts they reccomend and hope for the best i guess. prior to the stator dying i really didnt notice any weird noises but then again i havent taken it completely apart yet as i was trying to find the 05 style generator. hopefully nothings worn out when i get it apart
Witch kind of noise? Know? Metal whispering?

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
I only used Bikebandit to get a quick price. Best bet is to order them from the dealer to get the right ones.
not sure why....if the same part # should be the "right" ones if you order from a place like Bikebandit, Ronayers or someone else....not sure but believe they all come from the same warehouse at the end of the day. :idea::dontknow:

bloo

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
Mine does that and my engine is 017xxx! It means that I'm driving a time bomb?
most likely yes. and this is why i posted up the bulletin so you can try to repair it before it blows up :thumbsup:
if you check the first page on the bulletin, it will tell you that all engines before 018111 are eligible for that repair, i would atleast open if up and check that you have the right washers according to the bulletin and that you'r generator does have the right clearance, or... just order the parts you need and have at it, cant make things worse than it allready is :eek:ccasion1

·
Registered
90 Posts
most likely yes. and this is why i posted up the bulletin so you can try to repair it before it blows up :thumbsup:
if you check the first page on the bulletin, it will tell you that all engines before 018111 are eligible for that repair, i would atleast open if up and check that you have the right washers according to the bulletin and that you'r generator does have the right clearance, or... just order the parts you need and have at it, cant make things worse than it allready is :eek:ccasion1
I will order the parts!
Could you please sent the PDF to my mail...

[email protected]

Thx

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
Really thanks!

If I understand correct, this increase the oil flux (0,2mm) and reinforce the spacers, right?
And how about use oil 30w10?

Regards
when it comes to oil, i guess i would just go with the 10w-40.
as to what this repair does, as far as i can see it just makes sure that everything sits as should (changing the 1mm spacer for the 1.2mm) aswell as checking the clearance so you dont get any vibrations and unwanted movement in the generator.

21 - 40 of 261 Posts