Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

281 - 284 of 284 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
No problem! Glad to be of help. I'm quite proud of my 1st gen. Not a single spot of grease where it should not be. 12600 km total odo and 1st owner. Serviced to the letter. Last things I did was the exchange of the water pump cap large o'ring, and the oil seal, dust seal, and oil on the front fork.

Wow nice bike 🤩, these are still the famous ones! I changed my complete waterpump because it was drippin some drops and the dealer told me the seals couldn’t be replaced. I will update my brake calipers later because they feel too soft (using sintered carbon Brembo pads didn’t help). Nice to see that you keep it in good shape 🏍

·
Registered
753 Posts
Thanks!
Have you swapped the stock brake rubber lines for SS braided ones? That along with EBC HH sintered pads made the trick for me. About the water pump, the impeller seal can't be exchanged; luckily, mine started leaking through the cap's large o'ring.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Thanks!
Have you swapped the stock brake rubber lines for SS braided ones? That along with EBC HH sintered pads made the trick for me. About the water pump, the impeller seal can't be exchanged; luckily, mine started leaking through the cap's large o'ring.
Your bike looks amazing! I've heard the HH pads can eat discs up faster, but I had them on my 9R with no problem. Any concern? My Gen 1 has 40K, I've had it for a year and I'm dreading the generator job lol

Sent from my CLT-L04 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
753 Posts
Your bike looks amazing! I've heard the HH pads can eat discs up faster, but I had them on my 9R with no problem. Any concern? My Gen 1 has 40K, I've had it for a year and I'm dreading the generator job lol

Sent from my CLT-L04 using Tapatalk
Thanks! Much appreciated! I also did not have any problems running HH pads; no abnormal wear whatsoever on the disks.

About the generator, If your engine number is within the specified range you must check out your generator, and whether or not you see wear on the shims or spacers, exchange them for the updated parts. The job does take a bit of time and care but it is not as difficult to carry out as it seems. You need accuracy setting the gap when assembling the unit and when installing it back on the engine as the oil passage needs to be perfectly in position. All is written down; just follow the instructions to the letter.

281 - 284 of 284 Posts