Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

241 - 260 of 284 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Yeah I had one too and got an 05 gen. tore it all down and its a pain and mine was perfect no signs of wear at all and 19k miles? Someone may have replaced it? Any way now I have an 04 gen assembly for sale.
By chance do you still have that 04 generator,just my luck found out the hard way,almost too late,unless some material made it in the crankcase that I missed,not sure if i recovered all the magnet pieces....fingers crossed,already bought a generator
with no markings but the one i tossed was a "C",my numbers are... of course only 8900!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Sorry for the late reply, my CPU was down and I'm no good with that stuff...
That would be sweet, all PM later! I got quoted at 87 total... :-( 1 Spacer 92026-0071 2 each $12.54
I gave him this parts list but this is a copy the one out of this post.
2 Washer(t1.2) 92200-0124 2 each $1.54
3 Washer(t1.4) 92200-0125 1 $1.54
4 Washer(t1.6) 92200-0126 1 $1.54
5 Washer(t1.8) 92200-0127 1 $1.54
6 Gasket, clutch cover 11061-0049 1 $12.88
7 Gasket, starter cover A 11061-0047 1 $6.90
8 Gasket, starter cover B 11061-0048 1 $4.45
9 Snap Ring 480J2400 2 each $3.39

Thought you had to remove the gen both ways?
Sorry to bring up an old thread, but I actually picked up an older 04 that needs this work done since the previous owner didnt.

Just wondering where I can get these parts? I priced it out a a dealership and they want over $100USD for these parts...

For what it's worth, I'm located in Canada. Thanks boys!

·
Registered
753 Posts
I purchased them all at Partzilla. Be prepared to replace alternator parts as well as you may find them already damaged in there. Those are expensive but nothing compared to having to scrap the engine or even the whole bike for a blown alternator.

·
Registered
101 Posts
"All units of race and press bikes before Engine No. 018111 are eligible for this repair"

What is the real world experience on engines after engine no. 018111? Do they need this done too as something that wears down with mileage and higher RPM living? If all of them need this then wouldn't it negate swaping it with a complete 05 generator? I went through most of this thread and I am getting confused as to if all first gen's are going to need this with mileage or only the ones that are part of the bulletin.

·
Registered
753 Posts
I'd say that all units need the upgrade up to the serial number indicated.
Better safe than sorry, it'd worth checking out in what condition are your generator components. It's not an easy job, so if you don't trust your mechanical skills better get this done by a professional. There are precise tolerances to check out and reinstallation of the generator in the engine needs to be taken care of with attention to precision as indicated on the bulletin.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi all! :)

In my 05 I had a little bit buzzing like from the clutch area, intensified at 3k+ rpm. Although it is a 2005 model, I decided to check the generator. Everything looks ok, washer and spacer like in the pictures. Washer from the generator and gear side they are both 1.4mm. But the gap between the washer and spacer is around 1-1.1mm. Is it necessary to adjust the gap in 05 (newest generator) as in the 0.6-0.9mm service?

Thanks for help and sorry for bad english :(

·
Registered
753 Posts
Hi all! :)

In my 05 I had a little bit buzzing like from the clutch area, intensified at 3k+ rpm. Although it is a 2005 model, I decided to check the generator. Everything looks ok, washer and spacer like in the pictures. Washer from the generator and gear side they are both 1.4mm. But the gap between the washer and spacer is around 1-1.1mm. Is it necessary to adjust the gap in 05 (newest generator) as in the 0.6-0.9mm service?

Thanks for help and sorry for bad english :(
Your english is perfect. I wouldn't touch the tolerance on your generator. Leave it as is. What you can't reuse are the C clips; you need to install new ones. These can't ever be reused. Be extremely careful assembling everything back together, and mainly the position of the assembly in the engine crankcase. Follow the instructions carefully and to the last word.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Your english is perfect. I wouldn't touch the tolerance on your generator. Leave it as is. What you can't reuse are the C clips; you need to install new ones. These can't ever be reused. Be extremely careful assembling everything back together, and mainly the position of the assembly in the engine crankcase. Follow the instructions carefully and to the last word.
thanks, so assebly this on this parts? But what about the buzzing? I paste down below to engine from 3 days ago. What about bought 1 spacer new (because one looks veery good), and change washer from gear side from 1.4 to 1.6/1.8? Then will be gap +- 0.6mm. Now its 1-1.1mm, take a sound of engine, im preety sure that noise like buzzing from washer in engine, maybe its clutch but i dont think so...

·
Registered
6 Posts
Thanks, so assebly this on this parts? But what about the buzzing? I paste down below to engine from 3 days ago. What about bought 1 spacer new (because one looks veery good), and change washer from gear side from 1.4 to 1.6/1.8? Then will be gap +- 0.6mm. Now its 1-1.1mm, take a sound of engine, im preety sure that noise like buzzing from washer in engine, maybe its clutch but i dont think so...

·
Registered
6 Posts

Thanks, so assebly this on this parts? But what about the buzzing? I paste down below to engine from 3 days ago. What about bought 1 spacer new (because one looks veery good), and change washer from gear side from 1.4 to 1.6/1.8? Then will be gap +- 0.6mm. Now its 1-1.1mm, take a sound of engine, im preety sure that noise like buzzing from washer in engine, maybe its clutch but i dont think so...

241 - 260 of 284 Posts