Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner
21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Probably Nicks performance tuning. By all accounts, they're stand up guys and good tuners, lots of experience roll racing which seems to be what the Florida boys do most of. The zx gains a ton from just ETV and fueling, and then some of the little stuff can add a bit more power. If your local shop doesn't have much experience tuning current-gen liter bikes you're probably missing out on quite a bit. Mind posting up a pic of the whole dyno chart, and does he pull on you on off the line or on the big end? Nicks also does a lot of live tuning if I remember correctly, so their maps should be accurate for fueling with at-speed intake air, where if your local dyno only did it on the dyno you could end up with an AFR off quite a bit.
Hey SeventeenRR thanks for replying back I will post picture of the paperwork I got from my shop. They also told me that if I wanted to downshift without the clutch I had to buy racetools.

Attachments

·
Registered
132 Posts
Hey SeventeenRR thanks for replying back I will post picture of the paperwork I got from my shop. They also told me that if I wanted to downshift without the clutch I had to buy racetools.
Weird that the 2nd run was stopped so early. It definitely made gains over the first run, but not nearly what I would expect. What was the mod difference between run #1 and #2? Sorry if you answered that already and I missed it.

As for the autoblip enable, that may very well have been the case that they needed race tools. The up to 2018 I believe the R bikes didn’t come with it enabled from the factory. IIRC some years of the woolich flash gave you a direct enable/disable button for the autoblipper in the flash, but not all of them. My RR, which is conveniently also a 2017 didn’t have the autoblipper option in the software even though it came from the factory enabled, so they may very well have had to buy race tools to get autoblipper function.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Weird that the 2nd run was stopped so early. It definitely made gains over the first run, but not nearly what I would expect. What was the mod difference between run #1 and #2? Sorry if you answered that already and I missed it.

As for the autoblip enable, that may very well have been the case that they needed race tools. The up to 2018 I believe the R bikes didn’t come with it enabled from the factory. IIRC some years of the woolich flash gave you a direct enable/disable button for the autoblipper in the flash, but not all of them. My RR, which is conveniently also a 2017 didn’t have the autoblipper option in the software even though it came from the factory enabled, so they may very well have had to buy race tools to get autoblipper function.
Both runs emissions removed, sprint filter and full exhaust.
#1 stock ecu
#2 flashed and tuned ecu

21 - 23 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.