Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2017 Kawasaki ZX10R
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,

The servo motor for the exhaust under my rear seat has recently been a lot louder than usual, sounds like an echo-y grinding noise. I do have a stock exhaust although it's been de-catted.

When I turn the bike on, the grinding noise only happens once the motor starts turning for half a second, goes to normal sound, then starts grinding again once it reaches the end of it's turn.

Is this of any concern?

·
Registered
2018 ZX10R SE
634 Posts
Either way, if you decated your bike might as well ditch the damn servo as well. The zx10r uses the same servo plug since the gen 1 till the gen 5. I know because I used the one off of my gen one for my first gen 5 before I started flashing the ecu

·
Registered
5,998 Posts
Hi Guys,

The servo motor for the exhaust under my rear seat has recently been a lot louder than usual, sounds like an echo-y grinding noise. I do have a stock exhaust although it's been de-catted.

When I turn the bike on, the grinding noise only happens once the motor starts turning for half a second, goes to normal sound, then starts grinding again once it reaches the end of it's turn.

Is this of any concern?
Get ear plugs....

1 - 5 of 5 Posts