Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm having my 2016 10r ecu flashed and mapped next month by mss kawasaki the decat link pipe will be fitted but should I put an uprated bmc air filter in or not?
Thanks.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Are they actually going to tune your bike on a dyno or similar logging and do a custom tune for your bike; or are they just flashing on a premade map?

If they are actually going to tune it you should have the air filter you intend to run the bike with already installed, as well as any other engine and exhaust mods etc that you are going to do. (Don't forget to block the AIS). If it's a premade drop in flash you should have the air filter the flash was written for whether that be stock, BMC, K&N etc, get the filter to match.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes full fuel map on dyno plus remove limits and downshift blipper etc, is it worthwhile blocking off the ais then?

·
Registered
153 Posts
Ok, in that case you have to have all your engine/exhaust/inlet mods done before you go in otherwise when you change things later the dynamics of the engine will change and the map will no longer be ideal for your bike and may need to be adjusted. IE, you have to pay for another tune when you change things.

Basically any changes you are planning on doing to the motor between the start of the air ram and tip of the exhaust need to be done first. The AIS 100% must be blocked off or temporarily disabled when tuning as it will cause chaos with the AFR readings obtained on the dyno and the tune will do more harm than good. Any tuner will know this and should take care of it. Note that simply turning the AIS off in the Woolich software doesn't disable it, it only stops the code, you need to physically block the hose or remove the system.

Reactions: SkyDork

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
So I've removed the cat and fitted the link pipe then against my better judgment someone said to removed the exhaust valve motor not just cables (which was wrong) and it's now got the FML power modes all flashing and warning lights on! Can I ride it like this or is there something else I can do to stop it as the mapping and flash isn't until the end of the month.

·
REPOST Enforcement Mod
'16 ZX-10R KRT
15,727 Posts
So I've removed the cat and fitted the link pipe then against my better judgment someone said to removed the exhaust valve motor not just cables (which was wrong) and it's now got the FML power modes all flashing and warning lights on! Can I ride it like this or is there something else I can do to stop it as the mapping and flash isn't until the end of the month.

Plug the damn servo back in.:idea:

·
Registered
481 Posts
1 - 10 of 10 Posts