Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

GEN5 Race Bike Saddle Bag Mod

Gen 5: 2016-20 
3K views 20 replies 9 participants last post by  Coast2Coast 
#1 ·
At least I don't think we have a rule against racing with saddle bags. :)

See less See more
#18 · (Edited)
No, I have no experience with any other bag. I can't imagine I would like any bag more than these on this particular bike. The mounting system is ingenious and I can run it up to 130 or more and you don't even know they're back there. The only possible complaint I would have is they could have more capacity, but I feel that is an acceptable trade-off for being so streamlined and not intrusive on the bike. In all of the above pictures they are in their collapsed configuration but you can unzip them and they pop out into a larger configuration. I can fit my laptop in the bag and enough clothes for an overnight along with whatever other odds and ends I need (rain gear, camera, etc). There is very little area where they can rub on a painted surface and all you have to do is put some contact paper on that painted surface where that rubbing could occur. So far I've not had any marring of any of the finish on either of my bikes using these bags.

#20 ·
Also, I use that small Joe Rocket tail bag that I strap to the rear seat (well, when I have a rear seat that is, which I don't have on my GEN5 because of the race fairings). I run the strap for the saddle bags between the tail bag and the rear seat which makes the bags even that much more secure and stable, although they're fine even on the GEN5 with the race fairings where the wide strap between the bags just goes over the top. The secret is in the mounting system that just bolts into your rear peg bolts (you can run with your rear pegs on or off, whichever you prefer).

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.