Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2016 Kawasaki ZX-10R KRT ABS Edition
683 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Gen5 OEM Shock. <1K miles. Was used as a spare that I no longer need. $130 shipped within lower 48. Will include links, hardware, and dog-bone if needed. *Re-posted here to classified threads.

·
Registered
581 Posts
Original dogbone but i use links that a gentleman on here was producing for a bit. Im kinda curious to play around with 5th gen links and after market ones though.
I had the same setup with my 4th gen,I personally found it a lot harder to turn in compared to stock (both shimmed). Do you prefer the 5th gen setup over stock?

·
Registered
333 Posts
I had the same setup with my 4th gen,I personally found it a lot harder to turn in compared to stock (both shimmed). Do you prefer the 5th gen setup over stock?
My skill level has drastically gotten better since so its had to compare but overall i would say yes. The first time i went out i left the shock at the settings the previous owner had done and the turn in was amazing.. well come to find out there was a ton of preload and after a few sessions the track side suspension vendor ended up backing a lot of it off and with that came slower turn in. Kinda want to have a little more preload in it but i make myself nervous messing with suspension.

·
Registered
460 Posts
My skill level has drastically gotten better since so its had to compare but overall i would say yes. The first time i went out i left the shock at the settings the previous owner had done and the turn in was amazing.. well come to find out there was a ton of preload and after a few sessions the track side suspension vendor ended up backing a lot of it off and with that came slower turn in. Kinda want to have a little more preload in it but i make myself nervous messing with suspension.
Use jack stands under rearsets (take weight off rear), using a strong flathead and hammer just break the adjusting nuts loose and spin nut that touches spring towards direction of spring. Start with at least one turn to notice anything (paint pen mark helps). If you have the right size spanner wrench its even easier. You will ding the nuts a tad but nothing anyone will ever notice. Probably easiest adjustment to make minus securing the bike on stands while swingarm is suspended and no pressure against rear tire (cant jack up swingarm from spools). Hope this makes sense.

My gen 5 is full of preload and it has made a significant improvement but getting correct springs for my weight is this winter's project. I'm over 200lbs and stock setup is way too soft for track use.

·
Registered
333 Posts
Use jack stands under rearsets (take weight off rear), using a strong flathead and hammer just break the adjusting nuts loose and spin nut that touches spring towards direction of spring. Start with at least one turn to notice anything (paint pen mark helps). If you have the right size spanner wrench its even easier. You will ding the nuts a tad but nothing anyone will ever notice. Probably easiest adjustment to make minus securing the bike on stands while swingarm is suspended and no pressure against rear tire (cant jack up swingarm from spools). Hope this makes sense.
I was just talking being nervous about the tire to asphalt effects of messing with suspension. Dont worry im mechanically inclined.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts