Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I am ready to flash the ECU on my GEN 5 and I don't know what to do.

I have put on a yoshimura alpha pipe on my bike and i could tell right away that I am running lean.

But I am now ready to get my bike tuned but i have no knowledge about it.

Should I just send my ecu to a professional tuner?

Do I need a power commander too?

Thanks!

Sent from my LG-H901 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Throttle is not responsive and when it pop flames it's blue and not red. At least thats what my friend has told me too. We both have the same bike. He tuned his own bike and it is running better than mines.

I just want a professional individual do it for me.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Throttle is not responsive and when it pop flames it's blue and not red. At least thats what my friend has told me too. We both have the same bike. He tuned his own bike and it is running better than mines.

I just want a professional individual do it for me.

How can you tell you're running lean?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
569 Posts
You don't need a power commander. Contact Nels at two wheel dyno works. He is probably in the top 5 in the country for tuning. He will also unlock the auto blip down shifts for free. Some companies charge extra for that. Plus he will give you unlimited re tunes for free. He will give you his personal cell number and you can call or text him anytime you have questions. BTW it is really easy to remove the OEM ecu. You will get whole lot of benefits. I had to re learn how to ride the bike after the flash. I went from 165ish to the rear wheel to 185ish with just the flash and 3/4 exhaust. He will also lower the fan start temps, remove top speed limiter, etc.
https://2wheeldynoworks.com

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
You don't need a power commander. Contact Nels at two wheel dyno works. He is probably in the top 5 in the country for tuning. He will also unlock the auto blip down shifts for free. Some companies charge extra for that. Plus he will give you unlimited re tunes for free. He will give you his personal cell number and you can call or text him anytime you have questions. BTW it is really easy to remove the OEM ecu. You will get whole lot of benefits. I had to re learn how to ride the bike after the flash. I went from 165ish to the rear wheel to 185ish with just the flash and 3/4 exhaust. He will also lower the fan start temps, remove top speed limiter, etc.
https://2wheeldynoworks.com
Would this based on your experience from Nels? Tnx

·
Registered
216 Posts
One of the guys I ride with just purchased the FTECU Ike side kit and flashed the Graves map. He says it's perfect now. You may want to consider this option. The software is easy to use and he can do updates without being down for days

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
56 Posts
how has everyone else been removing the gen 5 ecu, drilling out the shaved bolts and replacing with new ones? thank you to any that can comment.

·
Registered
569 Posts
Nels told me personally that very rarely does anyone need a pc after a flash. And he said if they do, it is only for autotune purposes. Call them up, and talk to them. They are very friendly and informative.

·
Registered
569 Posts
how has everyone else been removing the gen 5 ecu, drilling out the shaved bolts and replacing with new ones? thank you to any that can comment.
That is only on the european and indian model. The US model has regular bolts Allen heads if i recall.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Yes actually, ha :)... we are friends now from the time I've spent at his shop... he has flashed and tuned both my Gen 5 bikes. Take the time and reach out to them yourself. It will be worth it
Cool! Need to get my bike tuned badly. When I and my friend go for a little fun, he is in-front of me by a good 10 feet. Close though but i mean his bike is tuned so.

I will go and contact him soon. Thanks!

·
Registered
2,729 Posts
Cool! Need to get my bike tuned badly. When I and my friend go for a little fun, he is in-front of me by a good 10 feet. Close though but i mean his bike is tuned so.

I will go and contact him soon. Thanks!

+1 on Nels at 2 Wheel DynoWorks

it'll be a whole new bike!

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Yes actually, ha :)... we are friends now from the time I've spent at his shop... he has flashed and tuned both my Gen 5 bikes. Take the time and reach out to them yourself. It will be worth it
Would i still need an autotune? What's your take?

1 - 20 of 24 Posts