Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, sorry but I couldn't find a reliable info on this so I'm asking.

I've done the pair valve mod on my zx10 gen5 and I've also plugged the airbox hole from the crankcase breather as you can see on this pic :

What should I do with this hose ?
Some people speak about a catch can, some about adding a filter, some about routing it back to the intake ?

Will it spit oil ? Doesn't it have a one way valve before ?

Thanks.

·
Registered
2,308 Posts
Depending on the condition and use of your engine it may or may not puck oil out the breather due to blowby in the cylinders, catch tanks were designed so oil doesn't spew out onto the track. If you fit a crankcase breather filter to the tube or a modded tube it allows the crankcase to breath as it wishes but if your getting puking once the tube and filter fills up oil will spew on the track or road. Depending on your usage you may be better leaving it plumbed into the airbox that can also fill with oil if your puking oil. Or you could just run a pipe tp the reed valves and run the crankcase at negative pressure and excessive puking will just get blown out the exhaust onto track or road. Probably better you tell us what you do with your bike.

·
Registered
2,308 Posts
It's mainly a streetbike
Well its probably best to leave it plumbed into the airbox and occasionaly check the end of the drain pipe for signs oil has come out, if so whip the airbox cover off and see its all out. The next to zero power gain you get from re routing the breather is just not worth trouble for a street bike, and the odds of puking are minimal. Thats my opinion. :wink2:

·
Registered
569 Posts
If its a streetbike u better just let it plumbed into the airbox... I have done it to my gen3 zx10r and i think is just not worth it....Go back to stock settings lololololol

1 - 6 of 6 Posts