Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I'm trying to gain some extra legroom for my Gen5 ZX-10R. The Vortex rearsets don't really move the pegs further down from stock. I also have a Raceseats setpad, but that doesn't sit me further up. Any recommendations on superbike tail sections or rearsets that will give me more room? I'm 6'5" and have long legs and only race and do track days. Thanks.

·
Formerly CLCRACINGAaron
445 Posts
Buddy, I'm sorry but you might need to get stock rearsets and use some aftermarket pegs for grip. Usually aftermarket rearsets go up, not down...

·
Registered
2016 Kawasaki ZX-10R KRT ABS Edition
680 Posts
You're pretty much SOL. The Gen5 was designed for someone 5'6" basically. It fits me just right. With aftermarket sets (which always raise the pegs) my knees go further up and into the tank and it's super uncomfortable. Any lower than OEM and you're guaranteed to scrape. I was already scraping peg with no feelers at my first track day and wasn't even using 100% of the tire... You might be better off hopping on a 15+ R1.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Im 6’5” with long legs. I run the new gen vortex rearsets and clipons and it seems to fit pefect. Much better than my 15 R1. I can shoot ya some pics of where i have things set if that helps. The vortex combo created a ton more room vs stock.

·
Registered
65 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
You may also want to do a little googling to see if you can find pictures of Loris Baz's bike when he rode for Kawasaki in WSBK. He's 6'3", and they made it work for him.
I know superbikes unlimited is going to be offering a carbon tail section with both Sykes and Rea seat trays, that might buy you a little more room.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks everyone. I just bought a set of Attack rearsets because they go 1/2" lower then stock. The Vortex adjustable rearsets I have on, keep the pegs in the stock position at it's lowest setting. My old gen4 with the Vortex was able to accommodate taller riders because you could flip the mounting bracket and get a lower footpeg setting. Plus I had a superbike tail, so I sat a little higher on the bike. My Gen 5 is ran pretty tall, so I don't think I'll have any problems scraping my pegs. Right now I'm getting 55 degrees of lean angle and haven't scraped my peg once, so I'm pretty sure I'll be good there.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Anyone using a CRC Superbike tail section? I'm just trying to see how it compares in height to the stock seat.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts