Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys.

I really need someone to help me this. Currently my bike can't start and with all the dash lights blinking. It is really a weird problems.when I turn on the key my TC light blink and FI stay ON. Fan was turn on with cool engine. I call kawasaki service center and they told me they didn't meet this kind of problem at all. What a head now.

·
Registered
581 Posts
Welcome to the forum!

First thing to do is pull the codes from the ECU, use the search bar and there are other threads instructing how to do this. Once you figure out what the codes are, use that fancy search bar again and find out what the codes are telling you. After all this report back and we may be able to help you further.

·
Registered
581 Posts
Did you look up what those all stand for? That would be your next step.

·
REPOST Enforcement Mod
'16 ZX-10R KRT
15,727 Posts
Welcome.

Since you're getting codes associated with the main throttle sensor, intake air pressure sensor, intake air temp sensor, water temp sensor, vehicle down sensor, subthrottle sensor, oxygen sensor, and butterfly valve sensor, I'm going to go out on a limb and tell you you have a problem.

Do you see the issue here? Anything catch your eye? Yeah, you've got a sensor issue - and by that I mean it's likely in the fact that the sensors are not communicating properly. First thing I'd be looking at is the CANbus wiring for communication link to all the crap on the bike. What have you done to the bike recently? What did you forget to plug back in?

Reactions: SNSSTR

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Almost every stock. Recently just change a servo buddy due to servo spoiled. DIY servo eliminated.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ok. Problem already found. My ecu was die.......anyone got ideal where to get a new or 2nd Ecu ?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
My mechanic told me I can't put in a used ECU into my bike. Cos used ECU immobilizer already been set. It won't be able to set for another bike again. Is it true? Is there another way to reset the immobilizer?

·
REPOST Enforcement Mod
'16 ZX-10R KRT
15,727 Posts
My mechanic told me I can't put in a used ECU into my bike. Cos used ECU immobilizer already been set. It won't be able to set for another bike again. Is it true? Is there another way to reset the immobilizer?
No, that's not true. The ECU and ignition keys have to be re-registered to each other to match. There's a whole procedure in the service manual about doing it. Same thing as registering a new key to your current ECU.

But how did the ECU "die" exactly? That's not normal or common at all. It suppose it can happen, but I'd be suspect about that.

·
Registered
718 Posts
No, that's not true. The ECU and ignition keys have to be re-registered to each other to match. There's a whole procedure in the service manual about doing it. Same thing as registering a new key to your current ECU.

But how did the ECU "die" exactly? That's not normal or common at all. It suppose it can happen, but I'd be suspect about that.
If he's over seas thbey could have the chips in the keys...

·
REPOST Enforcement Mod
'16 ZX-10R KRT
15,727 Posts
If he's over seas thbey could have the chips in the keys...

How's it going buddy?

Yup. The immobilizer is only on the overseas bikes. But there's a procedure to register new keys to the ECU so it can recognize them and allow the bike to run.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
How's it going buddy?

Yup. The immobilizer is only on the overseas bikes. But there's a procedure to register new keys to the ECU so it can recognize them and allow the bike to run.
ECU death for sure. Now try to look for an used Ecu. Would you mind send me the details of new key registration?

·
REPOST Enforcement Mod
'16 ZX-10R KRT
15,727 Posts
ECU death for sure. Now try to look for an used Ecu. Would you mind send me the details of new key registration?
Follow mpp12's suggestion above before you blindly just replace the ECU.

Attachments

·
Registered
718 Posts
How's it going buddy?

Heyyy... laying in room 3 at The Dragon Pitt Inn at the Tail of the Dragon now lol. Been here since Sunday night.

·
REPOST Enforcement Mod
'16 ZX-10R KRT
15,727 Posts
Heyyy... laying in room 3 at The Dragon Pitt Inn at the Tail of the Dragon now lol. Been here since Sunday night.
Oh. Dammit....lucky muthaf*cker! :notworthy: I love that whole area and you need to get off this website and ride the shit outta that sweet ass bike you got! :2bitchslap: Do it! :crackup:

Be safe and enjoy the time you're there!!! :helmet:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts