Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2,125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
my bike has slip on, some light moods, flash, well tuned..

there is a pass that I did 189. Usualy in that dyno the regulars on gen4 do 178 - 183 and old S1000rr do 176-180.

dynos where done on different days, I know that purist in this chat will start their rant about dynos.

this is just to see.... if you dont have your gen4 screaming in the sweet spot you are bye bye, the new beemer is a beast. very brutal.

Attachments

·
Registered
24 Posts
Isn't the S100RR a much higher price though? Comparing it to a Gen 4 (which is considerably cheaper) is not really a fair test. Put it up against the Gen 5.

·
Registered
2,125 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
In that dyno the old ones made 176 with full acro. And this one 183 stock.

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
74 Posts
In that dyno the old ones made 176 with full acro. And this one 183 stock.

My 2012 s1000rr makes over 200 rwhp on 93 pump gas with a Full Akro , PCV and Autotune, BST's, 520 chain and sprocket. New DJ250 eddy current dyno.

On a HIGH reading dyno which was obviously WRONG it got 218 rwhp, and a Gen 4 on the same dyno with a flash and full system got 190 rwhp, and a 2013 s1000rr on the same dyno with full system and flash got 189 rwhp.

All dynos are very different.

·
Registered
355 Posts
This thread has gone full-retard...

Dynos are a tool, and just like any tool they can be used correctly, or incorrectly. Its not difficult to manipulate the readings to make it say whatever you please.

"My bike makes one Brazilian horsepower on this fucked up dyno, so that must mean that yours makes..."

Attachments

·
Registered
2,125 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I was just conparing 2 bikes.

Here comes the dyno war.

·
Registered
4,603 Posts
My 2012 s1000rr makes over 200 rwhp on 93 pump gas with a Full Akro , PCV and Autotune, BST's, 520 chain and sprocket. New DJ250 eddy current dyno.

On a HIGH reading dyno which was obviously WRONG it got 218 rwhp, and a Gen 4 on the same dyno with a flash and full system got 190 rwhp, and a 2013 s1000rr on the same dyno with full system and flash got 189 rwhp.

All dynos are very different.
My 2011 GEN IV must make 219HP

My FAVORITE BMW MOMENT(s) LOL!!!!

My buddy picks up a 2012 S1000rr and the dealer tells him an S1000rr makes the GEN IV seem like a 750. I proceed to make him get a full does of HUMBLE pie.

A month or so later he gets some new updated tune that he tells me adds 20 HP LMAOF; I said okay whatever. We get on the HWY and I walk by him.

So now we out hanging out and the race comes up in front of a lot of people.

And I'm quoting him; the only reason you won is because I tacked out. I like to hear the BMW cry I mean bounce off the rev limit trying to get a perfect shift.

My other friend gets the updated 2013 and I made short work of him too.

Yes; BMW is fast but the bike don't ride itself and those dynos are like false prophets. People leave with those dyno sheets with it all twisted.

Another friend just got a 2015 so I'm looking forward to see what happens!

I like telling the BMW guys I make 157 HP when they get beat I tell them you must be making 150.

Ive never had my bike on a dyno I just gauge buy who I beat and what HP they claim and I assume I have more

·
Registered
2,125 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Guys I just did the VS dyno, 1st because my friend told me his 2015 needs a exhaust, so I send him the pic and tell him, learn to ride, no bmw has done 183hp on that dyno, and its a beast, also to see the fuel on that bike.

I have beaten lots of bmws, so my intention is not to make hp by hp comparisons just to to how this 2 bikes make hp differently.

·
Registered
4,603 Posts
Guys I just did the VS dyno, 1st because my friend told me his 2015 needs a exhaust, so I send him the pic and tell him, learn to ride, no bmw has done 183hp on that dyno, and its a beast, also to see the fuel on that bike.

I have beaten lots of bmws, so my intention is not to make hp by hp comparisons just to to how this 2 bikes make hp differently.
Okay I'll calm down :nerd:

My bike just had a major tune and new Bridgestone S21's mounted up and it's running like an absolute BEAST so I'm a little amped to say the least.

off topic... The new BS S21's are fantastic and absolutely has better turn in than the S20's I had.

·
Registered
4,603 Posts

I'd be curious to see how much HP the bike would make with a full exhaust and tune.

I'm thinking not much more as the bike is not restricted at all and comes with the Akropovic exhaust stock.

It's a great offering!

The GEN 5 does a great job at it's price point but needs a tune and exhaust to be unleashed

·
Registered
2,125 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
heard just good things about the S21. going to be my next tire for sure.

I imagine that the bmw would make max 7-10 more, since the exhaust looks very nice and long (usually those short pipes make shit hp), and the fuel could look rich but when the ram air starts then could be almost fine...

1 - 20 of 20 Posts