Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am building my EU spec gen4 after a crash. The harness got damaged so i bought a new one from ebay. The harness was US spec and i didn't know that there was difference between the US and EU spec harnesses. Now i am unable to connect the harness to the ignition because the connections are different and the ECU needs to detect the immobiliser.

My EU harness has the ignition side of wiring in good condition so i wanted to ask if i can modify my US harness by salvaging the EU one to work for the ignition and ECU which use the immobiliser.
THANK YOU!

·
Registered
10 Posts
For a GEN 1 harness, the main harness are the same but the headlight harness on has the immobilizer plug built into it on a euro model. I used a euro headlight harness and a USA main harness when building my car with a ZX10r.

·
Registered
2,658 Posts
I would advise you NOT to do it.
EU harness, EU ECU and EU electronics are different part numbers. If the cables are in different order in the ECU plug, you can burn stuff. The wiring diagram on the service manual is your friend.

If the harnesses do not match, is better to buy another EU spec harness to be done with it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts