Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

41 - 59 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
1,760 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
das134, your math is incorrect.. you did not got my point I would have to come up with 8K more...

Well, disassemble the engine partially, and looks like my friend tried to fix the engine, piston 4 was put back wards and 2 valves hit the piston, and one piston got water on it, cylinders perfect, trans perfect, crank needs inspection but sure is damage, interesting oil did not have particles at all.

I inspected the head no visible damage, anyway going to change the 2 ex valves on piston 4.. just to be sure.

next week will disassemble the head.

already have the timing # to put and the head gasket size to put, so patience... gen5 ported head will be the 1st thing to put...

Attachments

·
Registered
31 Posts
Probably better to sell the Gen 4 and just upgrade? the time and effort and potential for issues are big - and difference in price, you probably end up paying yourself under $15/hr for the time it take to deal with issues/research/problems/basic mechanics.

·
Registered
1,760 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
gen5 head mild port done...

a forum member traded the non abs harness for a abs one also another sold me the speedo.

all parts on the way.

maybe someone can tell me If I can put the entire gen5 trans in the gen 4 engine????

thanks

·
Registered
789 Posts
gen5 head mild port done...

a forum member traded the non abs harness for a abs one also another sold me the speedo.

all parts on the way.

maybe someone can tell me If I can put the entire gen5 trans in the gen 4 engine????

thanks
Apparently the gen5 engine cases have extra machining to clear bigger gears

·
Registered
1,760 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
Perfect....

Thanks....

Im now deciding either to retrofit a gen4 woolich shifter to the gen5 harness (dont know if its posible) both are 3 wire, but maybe the woolich sensor needs another imput... a real help would be to see how is the woolich sensor for gen5 if the conector is same as stock..

or sell the gen4 ECU, with the race tools and hardware and get a gen5 race tools, but things sell hard this days...

or buy a gen5 sensor $$ and put it...

·
Registered
1,760 Posts
Discussion Starter #52
As you guys already know, I DO follow up on projects, I ask info and then share....

I just fitted a gen5 head (ported) in my gen4 engine.
this engine has studs (no problems with head gaskets)
0.65 HG intalled
degreed to 114-109, no problems from PTV clearance.

now my mechanic will change the gear selector from the engine blown I got to my gen4
and all the electronics....

so all questions regarding changing chassis, a friend of mine (long story)
changed a gen4 with a gen5 they switch the chassis.
gen4 chassis only needed 4 spacers in the left rearset.....)to accept all gen5 stuff)
gen5 chassis only needed some dremel in the head (looks like its a little bit stronger)....

my friend did the change in one day....

·
Registered
1,760 Posts
Discussion Starter #54
If you do port work. Head gasket and degree yes

Enviado desde mi SNE-LX3 mediante Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,760 Posts
Discussion Starter #55
Newsy mechanic changed the entire trans to gen5. He told me it was like new the Gen5. And he did it.

We started the engine today. No codes of course the ecu is reflashed

·
Registered
1,760 Posts
Discussion Starter #56
News

You need a gen5 entire tail. Unless is a race bike

Also you need both switches.

Gen5 trans works fine.

I'm just waiting for parts

·
Registered
1,760 Posts
Discussion Starter #57
Waiting for parts
all rear plastics. I had already the Al part of the subframe gen5

finished yesterday putting all the wiring tidy up on the back, since I also have a woolich AFR.

bike sounds really mean...

now deciding on bike geometry, since Im in a gen5 trans, and the gen4 chain is 110 links, Im running 17-39 or 40 instead of the gen4 setup 16-39.

·
Registered
1,760 Posts
Discussion Starter #59
Ruined the bike 17 39 stock gen4 chain. Perfect

41 - 59 of 59 Posts