Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
REPOST Enforcement Mod
13,666 Posts
Pilot bulb??? You mean the city light right above the ram air inlet?

·
REPOST Enforcement Mod
13,666 Posts
Yea that one i didnt know what it was called.. oops lol

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
Ok! That explains it!

In that case then, there is no bulb in it. It's a circuit board with 3 SMD LEDs on it. The plastic lens has to be cut off to get in to it. To get the entire unit out, you have to take the nose fairing off and pull the headlight module off. The city light is screwed to a bracket in between the headlight and front fairing. Sounds harder than it is.

If the light isn't working then I would make sure it's plugged in fully, there isn't a blown fuse, and the wiring isn't damaged. If you want to change the color or fix it, I've got pics of what I did to get in there and use an LED strip to change mine to green. Looks cooler that way!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,802 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok! That explains it!

In that case then, there is no bulb in it. It's a circuit board with 3 SMD LEDs on it. The plastic lens has to be cut off to get in to it. To get the entire unit out, you have to take the nose fairing off and pull the headlight module off. The city light is screwed to a bracket in between the headlight and front fairing. Sounds harder than it is.

If the light isn't working then I would make sure it's plugged in fully, there isn't a blown fuse, and the wiring isn't damaged. If you want to change the color or fix it, I've got pics of what I did to get in there and use an LED strip to change mine to green. Looks cooler that way!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ok i would love to see pics how you did yours i was actually wanting change mine to same color lol.

·
Registered
3,802 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
You can easily hide a flat led strip above the lens and it'll illuminate the whole thing
Yea thats what i was thinking. To much work taking headlight fairing off just replace that bulb. Oh and sharp gen4 you got man. How do u like that brock?

·
REPOST Enforcement Mod
13,666 Posts
Ok i would love to see pics how you did yours i was actually wanting change mine to same color lol.

Here's the pic how-to for it. I can find the old thread which talks about it more.

Pull the light, cut the lens off, take the circuit board out and remove the SMD LED off the board. Use the circuit board as a mounting platform for the LED strip, wire that into where the old circuit board was, glue the lens back on, and reinstall it with all the same factory connectors that were untouched. Just make sure when you wire the new strip in, you get the positive (+) and negative (-) leads right and test it before installing it. The LED strip I used was 6 LEDs and longer than the circuit board, so it got wrapped front-to-back with 4 LEDs shining out the front.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,802 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Here's the pic how-to for it. I can find the old thread which talks about it more.

Pull the light, cut the lens off, take the circuit board out and remove the SMD LED off the board. Use the circuit board as a mounting platform for the LED strip, wire that into where the old circuit board was, glue the lens back on, and reinstall it with all the same factory connectors that were untouched. Just make sure when you wire the new strip in, you get the positive (+) and negative (-) leads right and test it before installing it. The LED strip I used was 6 LEDs and longer than the circuit board, so it got wrapped front-to-back with 4 LEDs shining out the front.
That looks pretty cool sky, now i know what i'll be doing this wknd.

·
The Pace
6,947 Posts
I'd take a nap; when I wake up I won't remember that stupid light. Headlight bulb gone? Couldn't sleep.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts