Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 258 Posts

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just want to find out if anyone is using one of these Electronically controlled shocks??

I am upgrading the suspension on my Race bike and was thinking of going for the Ohlins Electronic shock instead of the normal Ohlins TTX.

Price wise -about $100 differance.

I will also be getting the Attack Suspension Linkage Kit.

Any thoughts??

Attachments

·
Registered
680 Posts
That be awesome. Looks like wsbk technology trickeled down although its banned now. If you could tune it right you'll be on rails

·
Registered
492 Posts
I guess if the Ducati Panigale can use it, why not Kawi? I say go for it.
Worse case scenario is just having to leave the damping in one position.

Is this tuned by your speed?

·
Registered
669 Posts
I emailed ohlins several times about the installation of the unit and they just keep on giving me the run around. I can see how hard it is to answer a few simple questions...
I guess they don't give a shit weather you buy it or not...

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I emailed ohlins several times about the installation of the unit and they just keep on giving me the run around. I can see how hard it is to answer a few simple questions...
I guess they don't give a shit weather you buy it or not...
Yea, not a whole lot of info available from anywhere regarding this shock - hence my question here if anyoe has one of these . . . .

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I would be interested to know if the electronics are a add on if if they need to come as apart of the full unit.
Thats a good question - like if any parts got damaged, can they be bought seperatly or not . . . .

·
Registered
69 Posts
I tested one of these shock about a month ago on my 10R at Thunderhill and really liked it. It has a small harness and mini ECU that plugs into the stock wire harness to take the real time info and convert it to data to tune the shock.

Ohlins hasn't had the press release yet, so I can't go into details other than to say it's badass and I really liked it.

Ken

·
Registered
492 Posts
Ahhh. Well when the info isnt top secret, then Dan Kyle would be the guy to talk too.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I tested one of these shock about a month ago on my 10R at Thunderhill and really liked it. It has a small harness and mini ECU that plugs into the stock wire harness to take the real time info and convert it to data to tune the shock.

Ohlins hasn't had the press release yet, so I can't go into details other than to say it's badass and I really liked it.

Ken
Aaaaaah - thats not fair - i want the info!!!

Any chance of you sending me a PM about it??

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
Just want to find out if anyone is using one of these Electronically controlled shocks??

I am upgrading the suspension on my Race bike and was thinking of going for the Ohlins Electronic shock instead of the normal Ohlins TTX.

Any thoughts??
I would think the price difference would be alot more than a $100 :dontknow:

·
Registered
492 Posts
^^ I agree. Should cost more.

Sensors monitoring speed, acceleration & deceleration. Kinda gimmicky was what i thought when Ducati put it on the Panigale.

Very interesting when U think of what that system might be capable of.

Will it be legal on the track?

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Price difference is actually $128 - but the site sponsors can get me a better deal than ebay!

Ebay-Link-Normal-2011/2012-ZX10R-Ohlins-TTX

Ebay-Link-Electronically-Controlled-2011/2012-ZX10R-Ohlins-TTX

The Formula i race in allows for unlimited modifications to the bikes - so i am sure it will be allowed here!

Here is what our rule book says:

Eligibility of Motorcycle
8.7.1 Only 600cc and larger capacity superbike motorcycles are permitted to take part.
8.7.2 No Super Moto/Super Motard machines will be eligible to compete.
8.7.3 The only restriction on tyres is that they are supplied through a homologated importer/distributor.
8.7.4 There is no restriction on any performance modifications that may be done on the motorcycle, exhaust, air filter, suspension, tuning etc. No super charging, turbo charging or NOS is allowed.
8.7.5 Silencers must be fitted to all motorcycles.

·
Registered
492 Posts
Now what about the front ? :)

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Now what about the front ? :)
Uhm - well yes, ha ha ha ha - :BangHead:

I'm still running standard up at the front - but the BBF are really good - might get some cartridges later on.

·
Registered
1,130 Posts

Any thoughts??
http://www.shop.kyleusa.com/product.sc?productId=671&categoryId=46

Give them a call ...they know there ish.....^^^^

Kyle Racing....they're a ohlins dealer...

·
Registered
81 Posts
Electronic shock

I read an article about this shock a few months ago. I think it was in Australian Motorcycle News. It was probably syndicated from a European magazine. They liked it a lot. From what I recall it differs from other applications in that it doesn't have it's own controller but changes character in line with the power mode selected. I think they chose Kawasaki to do the first after market one because of its electronic sophistication. I will be very interested to hear what you think of it. I'm a throw back from the 70s and 80s and I'm just gob smacked at how well this bike does everything bog stock:)

1 - 20 of 258 Posts