Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

GEN4 Launch Control Sequence

2K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  trebor27 
#1 ·
Hello

So I can find a million videos of actual bikes with this feature enabled but what I'm having a hard time finding is the information on how to actually go about setting this up with the controls on the bike. I understand on the GEN5's I believe this information is in the owner's manual, however this is not a GEN5 and I've checked the owner's manual and there's nothing about launch control set up. Adding to my problems possibly is the start/stop switch has been replaced with a aftermarket version and the OEM one is not there any longer. I have a KIT ECU and KIT harness and my tuner said he has no idea of how to enable the feature but the bike has the ability to do it. My race starts suck and I wanted to try this out and see how it goes. I understand that this is simply a rev limiter for 1st gear for either 8k or 9k dependant on the mode that is selected and that I will get passed when I short shift into 2nd but still want to give this a try.

So does anyone know how to put this into launch control using the handlebar controls? Thank you very much.

#3 ·
You can only do launch control on a gen 4 if you have woolich racing race tools pack, then you can set ramp and all that fun. The kit ECU might also be able to do it but the stock Street gen 4 ECU doesn't have launch control. You'd have to check the kit ECU manual / software for launch control if it exists in kit ECU

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.