Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This might be a stupid question, but are the Gen 4 front wheels reversible? My bike has speed sensor rings on both sides, and was a race bike previously, so I thought this might be a possibility. Since I run slicks this would make it easier to flip tires if I can just flip the wheel.

Any experience with this?

Matt

·
Registered
460 Posts
I've asked this same question in past but got an answer of no. If you look closer at front wheel you will find a arrow stamped for direction. However, I do believe the wheels are symmetrical but the rotor wear will be off. Your pads are formed so to speak for each rotor and this is the main reason flipping wheel is no go.

Now with all that said I have never actually tried in real world and would love someone else to prove this right or wrong...

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the response. I've flipped wheels before on other bike models, so I know it can be done. I'm really not worried about the pads / rotors. It only takes a lap or two to scuff them in, and it's no different than changing wheels in that regard.

But I do appreciate that sometimes things can be different by very small dimensions and not be compatible. I'm hoping some other Gen4 racers might be able to chime in. Not a big deal either way, but thought it would be a nice perk if it's possible.

Matt

1 - 4 of 4 Posts