Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So what do you guys recommend? I am thinking Ohlins, AK, or K-tech for my front end. Looking to get the most for my money. I have an Ohlins TTX36mm rear shock.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Have you considered having the springs changed and the valves re-worked by a local suspension guru. I know that locally many guys that race in the same club as me, some extremely fast, have gone this route with great success.

Mine are out right now for the same treatment, Ohlins springs with valving adjustment

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I may go to the valve kit. I can't seem to find a ohlins kit. I may do Racetech.

·
Registered
2,164 Posts
Guess I'll get some Ohlins 30mm inserts. My poor wallet!
Why would you even ask about cartridge kits if you don't want to spend the money? Ohlins are no more expensive then ktech or ak's (maybe a few $'s more).

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Why would you even ask about cartridge kits if you don't want to spend the money? Ohlins are no more expensive then ktech or ak's (maybe a few $'s more).
If I wait I can afford Cartridge but I am thinking since I'm not the fastest I would just go with a re-valve kit. I'm looking to see if ohlins makes a 20mm valve kit.

·
Registered
2,164 Posts
If I wait I can afford Cartridge but I am thinking since I'm not the fastest I would just go with a re-valve kit. I'm looking to see if ohlins makes a 20mm valve kit.
Well if you wait there might be some popping up used with people going to the new gen.

I prefer to have equipment that's better than I am so saving up for better parts is the way I'd go.

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I couple are up used but they still want 1k for them. I hoping to score a set for 800-850 but that be asking a bit much.

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
Gen 4 have big piston forks, so 20mm piston kits wont work. Only RT makes a valve kit, and it's lacking quite a bit.

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Gen 4 have big piston forks, so 20mm piston kits wont work. Only RT makes a valve kit, and it's lacking quite a bit.
So I guess I'll look around for a Ohlins 30mm Kit. Cobra has a set for 1k with springs. I'm hoping more will pop up for sale cheaper.

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
My suspension tuner runs his own valving in the BPF as far as I know, several local fast guys found it to be more than adequate
But you are in Canada and I really don't like shipping forks. I like to have local support if something happens.

·
Registered
228 Posts
But you are in Canada and I really don't like shipping forks. I like to have local support if something happens.
Absolutely, just pointing out that a conversation with a suspension tech and you may find that there are other options.

I am not trying to sway your decision, I've made mine, based on what my needs are and how the suspension has performed for others, while I agree that a drop in from Ohlins or K Tech or AK would be the absolute best for performance and tunability, it may not be what you need at this time

1 - 17 of 17 Posts