Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

The other night at the drags I busted/finished off my clutch. I've done 14000km of mountain runs, hard rides and drag nights which I've been happy with.. (apparently stock clutches aren't the best anyway?) I've had compulsory 6 months off the bike haha... So I didn't notice too much weird going on until the 2nd run on drag strip, where at about 6/7k rpm it'd just rev to limiter and go no where. Was a pain to ride home, almost an hour slow trip, and I found that winding the lever adjustment all the way in helped a little..

Anyway, I was just wondering what after market clutches have you used or experimented with. I want something durable and works well keeping in mind I do enjoy a few drag nights.. any recommendations?

Thanks.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Hey all,

The other night at the drags I busted/finished off my clutch. I've done 14000km of mountain runs, hard rides and drag nights which I've been happy with.. (apparently stock clutches aren't the best anyway?) I've had compulsory 6 months off the bike haha... So I didn't notice too much weird going on until the 2nd run on drag strip, where at about 6/7k rpm it'd just rev to limiter and go no where. Was a pain to ride home, almost an hour slow trip, and I found that winding the lever adjustment all the way in helped a little..

Anyway, I was just wondering what after market clutches have you used or experimented with. I want something durable and works well keeping in mind I do enjoy a few drag nights.. any recommendations?

Thanks.
I have the EBC SRC fibers and heavy duty springs with OEM steel plates. It's been working great for me so far.

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
Plus one on the EBC fiber's I have had good luck with them so far. I don't drag race much anymore but they have held up good under track day abuse.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Subd for feedback

Did the heavy duty springs make it harder to pull the clutch?
I noticed that the clutch was a little bit harder to pull, and just that...a little bit harder. In my opinion, it's not enough to become a burden at all. To be honest, I don't even notice it anymore I've gotten so used to it. lol

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sweet! Thanks. I've been talking to some local superbike racers who have zx10s and one uses stock fibres and barrnett heavy duty springs and the other is testing a packing plate/spacer as well.

I'll research EBC, be happy if its a better bite and reliable as my last clutch :)

·
Registered
313 Posts
Im running Track King fibers and steels with heavy duty springs from Cycle Concepts of South Carolina. This setup feels very good and pulls super hard at any rpm. Oh i also used the judder spring plate from the gen 1.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
My bike has just gone in for the clutch replacement. I've read some poor reviews of the Barnett complete kit however I'm going to go with Barnett springs and fibres with oem steels... hopefully it works well..

1 - 8 of 8 Posts