Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2012 (Gen4) ZX-10R
1,090 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
It makes my blood boil! I came out of work at about 7pm, in Cupertino, CA, and in-bred moron has only tried to pry the ignition barrel away from the steering stem, making a right mess! Smashing the metal ring, that goes around the ignition, to pieces, and demolishing the plastic shield that slides over the ignition barrel in the process. Urgh!

Thoroughly pissed off! :-( Anyway, I?ve remove my top triple clamp and drilled the security bolts out ready to get a new top tripple. Just considering a new lock set to replace the now half demolished ignition.

I have this sneaky feeling this was attempt 2. About 4 weeks ago, I arrived at work and took my helmet off to check my rear tire wear. Was bent down examining it for a short while before deciding new tires needed. That afternoon when I got back to my bike, I had a flat rear! When repairing it, on site at work, the leak was that bad it was clear to hear with air in the tire! A major leak! Funny how I didn?t hear it in the am? I wonder if that was done in the hope I would leave it at work over night?

Now I need a proximity sensor alarm for my ride maybe? Any recommendations? My bike is clearly a marked bike now! Down-side, if I got an alert it would take me a while to descend 6 floors to the underground parking garage.

Thanks
Rob

·
Registered
770 Posts
Sounds to me like your particular thief doesn't have the means to haul the bike away but only to try and ride it away. For a cheap and instance solution buy 2 brake rotor locks and always lock up both wheels. He's only going to get the bike if he can haul it away and that requires a couple guys and a stolen van.

Reactions: trebor27

·
Registered
770 Posts
Or you could go overboard like I do and have a motion sensing alarm and 2 disk locks. Triple deterrent.

Reactions: trebor27

·
Registered
2012 (Gen4) ZX-10R
1,090 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for all the replies!

I’m harassing the building management to have some motorcycle security installed. I’m hoping they will install some ground anchors, I already have a beast of an English Chain, and lock. And I was wondering about buying a Xena alarm disc lock to go on the rear disc too.

Together they could be as good as I can get I guess.

I need to chase them up today, as usual, they do nothing unless hounded!

;-)

Rob

1 - 7 of 7 Posts