Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
718 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Need to know specifically if the cat delete slipons for a gen5 will work with a gen4

thanks guys!

·
Registered
776 Posts
Need to know specifically if the cat delete slipons for a gen5 will work with a gen4

thanks guys!
depends on the manufacturer of the exhaust, if it has a movable mount e.g. not welded to a set place on the canister then yes as there is about an inch difference in the headers between gen 4 and gen 5.

·
Registered
578 Posts
tolerances from pipe mfgs play into this as well. I have 2 2013 gen 4's bought new arrow 2016 gen5 half systems, about 2 months apart.

first one (mine), fits well, no real issues, may have had to slot the midpipe retainer brkt a little, for the bolt retainer to the rear frame mount.

2nd one (wife's) mount on rear frame and mid pipe mating area, will not allow the use of the retainer bolt, unless I move the brkt on the mid pipe. I tried to slot it but, I cant get enough clearance for the bolt, without the mid pipe and header not fitting close enough to avoid a leak.

right now I have the clamp on the midpipe, and the muffler bracket holding it in place, it is solid but, I would prefer the mid pipe to have the proper bolt and mount secured. your results may vary. Ski

·
Registered
615 Posts
Don't you think that if I can use a Gen 4 Exhaust with Gen 5 headers that kind of answers your question for you lol :p

Well the gen 5 header is shorter isn't it? So if I wanted to us the newer Graves exhaust for the gen 5 and stick it in my gen 4, then it would move the gen 5 exhaust a little under an inch closer towards the front of the bike... I'm interested in one of these though, but don't want to deal with clearance issues on the factory paneling

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
134 Posts
I wanted the new Gen 5 Graves cat eliminator exhaust for my Gen 4 but a Graves rep specifically said it would not fit.

That sux because the newer Gen 5 Graves looks about 100x better than the Gen 4 does.

·
Registered
615 Posts
I wanted the new Gen 5 Graves cat eliminator exhaust for my Gen 4 but a Graves rep specifically said it would not fit.

That sux because the newer Gen 5 Graves looks about 100x better than the Gen 4 does.

I really wanted to go the same route too... just don't feel like gambling to see it it'll fit

·
Registered
776 Posts
A Gen 4 exhaust with a Gen 5 header ends up slightly shorter, ill post up some pics of what I mean, so Im very confident a Gen 5 exhaust with a Gen 4 exhaust will end up longer.

·
Registered
615 Posts
A Gen 4 exhaust with a Gen 5 header ends up slightly shorter, ill post up some pics of what I mean, so Im very confident a Gen 5 exhaust with a Gen 4 exhaust will end up longer.

Gen 5 exhaust with a gen 4 header ends up shorter? Is that what you meant?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts