Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2,929 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,would someone be able to tell me if the gen4 and gen5 front sprocket cover are interchangeable please?reason being motocomposites do a gen5 in carbon fiber!thanks in advance and I'm thinking they do.

·
REPOST Enforcement Mod
14,969 Posts
I have no idea, but I'm interested in the same question. That would be cool. I'd be surprised if it didn't work honestly.

·
Registered
2,929 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You no what!I looked at it again and I'm 99% sure they are interchangeable!Motorcomposites want $120aus for carbon with fibreglass and $140aus full carbon(both offer twill/gloss,flat plain/gloss,flat)and the German company Carbomoto offer their full carbon cover for €109!you can see Motocomposites cover on their site and Carbomotos cover is the exact same profile as the gen4s cover.

·
Registered
2,929 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Motocomposites

And Motocomposites offering,it's the same profile as khi offer on the gen5 remembering the different carbon finishers!you can't zoom in on their picture either but thinking using the Twill gloss would look nice also

Attachments

·
Registered
2,929 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
What are trying to say Scout?do you think I'm a little high on OxyContin and floating on the ceiling!mmm come to think of it I do feel all warm and fuzzy

·
The Pace
7,048 Posts
forgot you're in recovery mode. No, the way I think is if I want to do whatever over the top I'll do a Mark Twain. He said that when he felt the urge to exercise he would take a nap and upon waking forget about the exercise notion. lol I tweaked it a little, is all.

·
Registered
2,929 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thank you coaster and Nuno titanium fairing/screen profile bolts from Probolt but Racebolt are exactly the same but cheaper mate

·
Registered
44 Posts
Thank you coaster and Nuno titanium fairing/screen profile bolts from Probolt but Racebolt are exactly the same but cheaper mate
Since you said they be $$$anium bolts and Racebolt is actually kinda in the realm of justifiable, I know that not using titanium on high stress bolts is recommended but are there other places they should not be used? I know they are more corrosion resistant than aluminium, but I was just curious if there are other spots they should not be used in for whatever reason.

·
Registered
2,929 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I have titanium hardware through out the bike coaster,you can use aluminium in non stressed areas like screen,fairing and such!the area like rearsets,shocker,triple clamp really most bolts that need torquing is a rough guide to not use aluminium!I used ti with switch housings,all the sump pan bolts,all engine case bolts,header mount M8 nuts so every bolt and nut I have found has been replaced with ti,even replaced the fuel pump M6 mount to ti lol!some will say a waste but that's their opinion and that's fine!Im trying to remember how many oem steel hardware fittings I changed I have a list and what they weighed around somewhere but 340+ rings a bell

1 - 20 of 23 Posts