Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HI Guys,

been racing a 08 ZX-10R for about 4 years now, recently installed the full bazzaz system but am running a generic map off the bazzaz site which is not quite for my fuel, but its close enough.
i have slip on, performance air filter, and use 95RON fuel.

anyone have any maps for those pretty basic mods? or have any suggestions as to what is a good AFR to tune against for 95RON fuel? - i have the self mapper.

i have a race buddy on an 08 blade, with the same basic mods and bazzaz - and his bike has so much low-mid range torque its making me depressed haha!
top end we the same, if not maybe my zx has the slight upper hand, but his initial torque when rolling on the throttle eats me alive.
i want to try and perhaps get better torque out of the bike.
i understand the nature of each engine is different, but perhaps with the right tunning i can get a bit more out my of ZX10.

any advise would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have the same setup but the previous owner set up everything. I really want to tune it for me.
can you perhaps upload your map so i can take a look? also what RON fuel do you use?
i see you have akro headers and mid pipe, so you have a full system, which will breathe better so its not quite the same as mine.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Yes I have. My gearing is spot on for the tracks in ride.
This is what I use to run on my Gen3:

Zwartkops - 15 48
Phakisa - 16 47
Kyalami - 16 48
Redstar - 15 48
Midvaal - 15 47
East London - 16 42

Never had a problem with mid-range or top-end against the CBR1000RR

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
This is what I use to run on my Gen3:

Zwartkops - 15 48
Phakisa - 16 47
Kyalami - 16 48
Redstar - 15 48
Midvaal - 15 47
East London - 16 42

Never had a problem with mid-range or top-end against the CBR1000RR
im from EL - thats exactly what i run.

my mates CBR1000 is a bit "chooked" and his initial grunt kills my bike - mine feels very sluggish on roll on out of slow 2nd gear corners.
it could just be the characteristics of my particular engine - but just trying to see if i can improve it, or move the power curve down a bit in rev range.

i sent you a PM as per the other topic. shot bud

·
Registered
1,835 Posts
I run Shell 93 for my fuel. I can't afford the good stuff. I'll upload my map when it warms up a little. I do have a full system.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Aaah - now I see your profile picture - Chris, that you? Or is it only his bike?
well spotted.
they were Chris's fairings yes - he sponsored them to me when he got the GEN4, but has since stopped racing.

·
Registered
2,029 Posts
If Crescent is unable to post up the map I can, it's my old map.

Stock motor with a full Hindle race exhaust and block off plates, tuned for 91 octane ethanol-free fuel.

I can't upload a file of that particular format but I can email it to you.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

Stock motor with a full Hindle race exhaust and block off plates, tuned for 91 octane ethanol-free fuel.

thanks mate, but i only have a slip-on and i use 95 fuel - so your map wont be correct for my application.
i did get some AFR's from a guy with same mods and using the same fuel - so i will try it next weekend when im on track again.

cheers

·
Registered
1,835 Posts

Thanks man, Do you do any tuning for the traction control? I haven't had a chance to tune anything or even plug my computer in. I do have it installed though :)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts