Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 143 Posts

·
ZX-10R enthusiast
6,556 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
EDIT: This thread is for anyone looking to do a Gen3 swingarm conversion.
Please post up any deals that you can find pertaining to any parts needed for the swap.
Or if you are selling any parts, link your thread here.

Thanks to PatrickG, I found a swingarm on ebay.
I am currently on the hunt for a Gen3 shock.
I have seen it on ebay for $100 shipped, the cheapest so far.
Also, the 09 ZX-6R hugger will fit on the Gen3 arm with some simple modification.
I just got the hugger on ebay for $30 shipped.
I also got a SMOKING deal on the 05-06 636 Shock linkage and dogbones, $9 shipped!

Here's some details on the swingarm courtesy of Rspec99
See attached image.
:eek:ccasion1

Attachments

·
Dont mess wit White Ninja
5,932 Posts
I work at night, I will keep my eyes pealed for one on craig's list...But usually on craig's list its all gsxr shuttle shit...and cbr :bs:

:thumbsup:

·
ZX-10R enthusiast
6,556 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thx bro, always lookin out!
I think my best bet is eBay and wera.
Those of u that got one, where did u snag it?

·
Registered
1,803 Posts
When I can.. I try and look on ebay every other nite or so with every search word or phase that I can think of.. No luck yet.:rolleyes:

Reactions: dudewhrsmybike

·
Chickenstrip Eater
4,075 Posts
I'm in the hunt. How close is the 600 version? Had a guy on WERA with one for free, he THREW it away before I found the post.
AND, what exactly is required to swap? Edouble swapped his, he said it was a direct swap. Which susp links etc? There was a post yesterday on 3rd gen shock swap with the 2nd gen and the OP stated the 3rd gen links are 1/4" longer so you'd need to retain the 2nd gen links. So from here, spacers, anything else needed to switch? I hate the 2nd gen arm and it shuts off a lot of exhuast options.

·
ZX-10R enthusiast
6,556 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm in the hunt. How close is the 600 version? Had a guy on WERA with one for free, he THREW it away before I found the post.
AND, what exactly is required to swap? Edouble swapped his, he said it was a direct swap. Which susp links etc? There was a post yesterday on 3rd gen shock swap with the 2nd gen and the OP stated the 3rd gen links are 1/4" longer so you'd need to retain the 2nd gen links. So from here, spacers, anything else needed to switch? I hate the 2nd gen arm and it shuts off a lot of exhuast options.
This is something I saved a while back. . .
Hope it helps.

BTW I am still looking for one. No such luck :sad:

Attachments

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
The 6r is not the same... it might fit but I can tell you based on the hugger design they are close but not exactly alike.

·
ZX-10R enthusiast
6,556 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
So basically all you need is the swingarm? Every other stock part should swap?
Yep, I have access to the 636 pivot and dogbones so I'd swap em.
I'd probably snag the 08 shock as well. Fugg it, might as well.

·
ZX-10R enthusiast
6,556 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Not sure, I just missed one on ebay a while back.
Highest bid 152 and 30 for shipping.

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
Yeah that's sick.

So, as a general question, other than aesthetics, why do the swap? Is the 3rd gen arm longer? Shorter? Better shock mount?

If it is purely for looks, I kinda like the 2nd gen arm better. Plus, the second gen has no hugger, and the aftermarket ones may be cheaper (because that god awful spoon that comes on the third gen has to go).

Anyone? Definitive answers?

·
ZX-10R enthusiast
6,556 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
That seems like a good price I'll keep my eyes peeled how bout the 636 parts what are them worth?
Dogbones can be had for cheap but I have no idea about that pivot :dontknow:
Yeah that's sick.

So, as a general question, other than aesthetics, why do the swap? Is the 3rd gen arm longer? Shorter? Better shock mount?

If it is purely for looks, I kinda like the 2nd gen arm better. Plus, the second gen has no hugger, and the aftermarket ones may be cheaper (because that god awful spoon that comes on the third gen has to go).

Anyone? Definitive answers?
Yea, that MV Augusta swap is sick sick sick but I'm not about to attempt that. Yea, pretty much for looks and poser points:wink: from what I've read. I think it will be a fun project and wanna make my 10R a lil diff from the rest. If I recall, 9R to 10R bought an aftermarket CF hugger(maybe for 09 ZX-6R?) for his 3rd gen arm swap and it looks tits!! That's pretty much what I am after.

·
Registered
1,803 Posts
[email protected]!!!!! Got one... now I have to wait til March to install it but it is safetly locked away in my basement awaiting my arrival..:thumbsup:
Got it for $300 shipped with everything in the picture!!!!!!! I also got off ebay the rear axle with chain adjuster and front axle with spacers for $16..

Attachments

·
ZX-10R enthusiast
6,556 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
sonofabitch, patrick, where did you snag it?

·
Registered
1,803 Posts
sonofabitch, patrick, where did you snag it?
He was a newbie seller on ebay selling a swingarm and a bunch of 06' zx6r parts so I asked him if he had any zx10r parts, maybe even a swingarm. Sure as shit he did!!!:mrgreen: So, I asked if he was willing to sell it to me without ebay. I wasn't sure if I was going to get screwed in the deal, that was why I didn't say anything til it arrived at the house in good condition.

1 - 20 of 143 Posts