Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Folks,

I have gone through the maintenance manual a few times and searched the site, but still cant find the plug gap for a Gen3.

Some other places listed as 0.7-0.8 mm and others as 0.8-0.9mm

Which is correct? (0.8 would seem about right).

Thanks!
Tom

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Plugs 1 & 4 are a Major PIA to replace!

Wow, those two were a major pain in the [email protected]@ to replace! :angryfire:

I had seen suggestions to remove the engine mounting brackets, but I cant see how that would have helped with the clearance to remove the ignition sticks and swing a ratchet to get the plugs out and in.

Glad I wont have to do that again for awhile...

·
REPOST Enforcement Mod
13,541 Posts
Wow, those two were a major pain in the [email protected]@ to replace! :angryfire:

I had seen suggestions to remove the engine mounting brackets, but I cant see how that would have helped with the clearance to remove the ignition sticks and swing a ratchet to get the plugs out and in.

Glad I wont have to do that again for awhile...

Yeah, those outer 2 suck. But if you have the right size extension wrench, you can do it easy enough. The trick is to assemble the wrench in the plug hole. Drop the socket in, out the extension bar in and get it in the socket on the socket the plug, then put the wrench on it. After the plug is free, you have to kinda disassemble the wrench again add you pull it out.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah, those outer 2 suck. But if you have the right size extension wrench, you can do it easy enough. The trick is to assemble the wrench in the plug hole. Drop the socket in, out the extension bar in and get it in the socket on the socket the plug, then put the wrench on it. After the plug is free, you have to kinda disassemble the wrench again add you pull it out.

Yes, that is exactly what I did. It was not too bad once I figured that out. The biggest hassle was getting the socket and plug out of the hole. I was fishing them out with long nose pliers but kept dropping the socket. I remember that I had a few, small super magnets and put one on the end of a small screwdriver. That was the perfect tool for getting the socket (and plug) out after popping the extension off of the socket.

·
Registered
828 Posts
Exactly how I did mine. Still took two hours just getting all the plugs out and in. Fortunately, a 15k mile interval appears to be adequate.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts