Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Will a OEM Gen3 shock fit a Gen1?. Does anybody have experience with a Gen3 shock on the Gen1? Is it worth the hassle?

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I installed a Gen3 shock today. Sofar I can say it fits plug & play. I'll post my impressions concerning performance as soon as I've racked up some miles.

·
Registered
905 Posts
It will work. In my experience it seemed a little softer than my Gen 1 shock. I also had done the swingarm swap to the Gen III. I have both of these for sale if youre interested in doing the swap.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Had the opportunity to test the shock during a 3 day blast through the swiss and italian alps (I weigh about 200 lbs in full gear). For my likes the Gen 3 shock offers the perfect blend between comfort and performance => huge improvement to the overly stiff 04 shock.

·
Licensed Dist of HaterAde
11,423 Posts
it will fit with no issues, if you think the stock shock is sprung way too stiff then it's a good choice, or you can use one off a ZX6 (NOT talking about the linkage swap mod). I did and love the hell out of it!!!!

·
Registered
541 Posts
It will work. In my experience it seemed a little softer than my Gen 1 shock. I also had done the swingarm swap to the Gen III. I have both of these for sale if youre interested in doing the swap.
When you did the swap, did you use the 08 shock linkage?

Thanks

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
it will fit with no issues, if you think the stock shock is sprung way too stiff then it's a good choice, or you can use one off a ZX6 (NOT talking about the linkage swap mod). I did and love the hell out of it!!!!

Did you use the whole ZX6 shock or just the spring..?

·
Licensed Dist of HaterAde
11,423 Posts
Did you use the whole ZX6 shock or just the spring..?
I used the entire shock, just kept the top knuckle/bolt from my 10 shock but will probably replace it with the one for the zx6 shock as it seems a couple mm's taller. Works great so far. :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts