Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
has any one any experience's with these english shocks im considering one of the 3 way with remote hydraulic preload adjuster..

i had a 2 way on a fz1 it was stunning, and turned it in to a fast group track weapon with dunlopd d211 soft rubber...the quality of the last one i brought was stunning but im new to the zx10 scene although very experienced in fast track riding after many gsxr 1000s

Nitron Racing Shocks,Bike,Sub-Page

·
Registered
78 Posts
has any one any experience's with these english shocks im considering one of the 3 way with remote hydraulic preload adjuster..

i had a 2 way on a fz1 it was stunning, and turned it in to a fast group track weapon with dunlopd d211 soft rubber...the quality of the last one i brought was stunning but im new to the zx10 scene although very experienced in fast track riding after many gsxr 1000s

ill confuse you a bit with that but there are other brands like maxton gp10 shock,penske 8987 triple adjustable with piggy bag, nitron race pro shock, matris M05R, bitubo xxf31 or xxz39, k-tech light shock as they dont sell the pro dds shock for gen3, race-tech g3s, but i think the easier to maintain is penske its owner rebuildable as they say.... and i am looking for a used one and i am not saying nitron is not a fine shock.

·
Registered
1,523 Posts

Nitron is a good shock, I don't think you would be disappointed with it, especially since you've already had good experience with it on your FZ1

ill confuse you a bit with that but there are other brands like maxton gp10 shock,penske 8987 triple adjustable with piggy bag, nitron race pro shock, matris M05R, bitubo xxf31 or xxz39, k-tech light shock as they dont sell the pro dds shock for gen3, race-tech g3s, but i think the easier to maintain is penske its owner rebuildable as they say.... and i am looking for a used one and i am not saying nitron is not a fine shock.
Just an FYI the any K-Tech Lite Shock can be upgraded to the Pro shock. The only difference between the two is the pro has the bypass valve and hydraulic preload adjuster and the lite does not. We sell the lite to guys on the fence all the time and then upgrade the shock when they are ready.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Nitron is a good shock, I don't think you would be disappointed with it, especially since you've already had good experience with it on your FZ1

Just an FYI the any K-Tech Lite Shock can be upgraded to the Pro shock. The only difference between the two is the pro has the bypass valve and hydraulic preload adjuster and the lite does not. We sell the lite to guys on the fence all the time and then upgrade the shock when they are ready.
That's excellent I thought we couldn't do that.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
my pal races a bmw1000rr and from racing exp he recons the bitubo is what the zx10 boys are having more luck with, prob is there all on gen4 zx10s,,,im on gen3

i dont come across my gen 3 riders at the track to get opinions, i know the gen3 requires lots of constant tinkering unlike the gsxr1000s im used too

im in a ktech nitron ohlins bitubo, choice dilemma.. im gonna tweek a little more first with the stock shock but i felt like i was starting to get damping fade..

·
Registered
2,164 Posts
my pal races a bmw1000rr and from racing exp he recons the bitubo is what the zx10 boys are having more luck with, prob is there all on gen4 zx10s,,,im on gen3

i dont come across my gen 3 riders at the track to get opinions, i know the gen3 requires lots of constant tinkering unlike the gsxr1000s im used too

im in a ktech nitron ohlins bitubo, choice dilemma.. im gonna tweek a little more first with the stock shock but i felt like i was starting to get damping fade..
I would use whatever your local tuning guy has the most experience with. The best equipment in the world isn't worth a dollar if you can't get it setup properly.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts