Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Any coolant will do for cars at 50/50 mix..

Took my old pump apart today and it looked super clean with no slop in shaft at all(10,000 miles from new),there seems to be a o-ring inside the body which I assume stops oil getting to water impeller.then there's the big o-ring on the body which stops oil getting to atmosphere. Then there's the ceramic mechanical seal stoping water getting out to weep hole..

The two o-rings are easy once removed as you can just buy new ones same dimensions,but the ceramic seal is not available. What I did notice is the the white ceramic disk can be flipped 180 to reveal a new surface! (Might work)??

But looking at earlier Kawasaki seals I must say they look identical to the 06 ZX10R.!?? Might buy one a see for my self..plus 06 Suzuki TL1000 seals look identical too!

Update soon ish lol..

·
Starbucks Connoisseur
4,371 Posts
Well I ordered the pump and had it replaced and used Maxima Coolanol
and now my bike gets up to 174'ish an and not flashing "hi" after 5 minutes of idling.

Found a site that sold it WAY below what others are selling it for, its normally $223 everywhere and I got it for $177 otd

·
Registered
70 Posts
I am probably going to be needing a water pump for my 07 soon. Does anybody know a good site to order a water pump from that is cheaper than $223?

Thanks,

Brad

·
Registered
70 Posts
I ended up getting the water pump from 2wheelpros. It was under $200. I ordered that and all of my clutch components and it was at my door in about a week.

Part Number 49044-0005

21 - 24 of 24 Posts