Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am 5' 8", and feel that the zx10 2006 seat is low. i used to ride a r6 which was higher. can anyone advice?

also are the stock seats hard or soft?

·
REPOST Enforcement Mod
14,339 Posts
I am 5' 8", and feel that the zx10 2006 seat is low. i used to ride a r6 which was higher. can anyone advice?

also are the stock seats hard or soft?
You can raise the rear ride height bu shimming the rear shock at the mount. Washers, a jam nut, the Kawi OEM racing shim stack, etc can all be used. A little goes a long way in terms of millimeters of shim used. 3-4mm would be the starting point as your handling will be affected by this change.

Using my durometer, the shore hardness of the stock seat measures 57.36.

·
Registered
264 Posts
The ride height is about the same. The issue is the width of the seat and frame comparing the 2. You have to spread your legs a bit more for the R6 than the ZX which makes the R6 seem taller.

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
on the stock r6, it was low. when fitted with penske, it became higher, and had to tip toe, but corners on track were alot better.
on the zx10, the rear seems low, as i have to bend my knees. i read about the shims. and some forumers mentioned somewhere using up to 10mm. i did this with my rvf,and it raised the tail height about 30mm.
so the stock collar in the shock still to be used?

·
BigCat for Prez!
7,229 Posts
Its funny my 06 seems low and I have it sitting stock height but every other bike I've sat on felt tall as shit

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
l am installing a ohIins rear.

will-install the stock collar with 10mm of shim.

Will update results

1 - 6 of 6 Posts