Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,788 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had my 30k service done. The Throttle has been a little sticky since the 15k service if you got the Throttle hard it would hang about 4500 rpm. Pop the Throttle and it fixed itself. About 200 miles after the 30k service it would barely run and sounded like a cylinder or 2 was dead. It did finally clear up. It's been parked out side and may have been bad gas. the Throttle hung at 4500rpm and wouldn't release. I parked and went to ride it yesterday (a couple weeks later). It would idle by itself but still sounded like it was missing a cylinder.As it warmed up the idle started to rise from 1200. After a couple miles the miss went way but it was idling at 4500. I think it's the Throttle cable because if I twist the Throttle up the revs will go down some. My pc3 is also not power up. I have a kn air filter and full Leo exhaust. This is the first problem I've had since new.

·
Registered
1,788 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
The weird part is a rode it about 70 miles,parked it for an hour or so, and the miss and normal idle was back. As it warmed up the idle climbed.

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
That is really weird. It sounds like it could be a throttle cable. But I'm pretty sure the more experienced members will chime in a little later to help figure it out.

·
Registered
1,788 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Could it be that the hung Throttle is opened enough to keep the cold misfiring engine running? As it warms up and, starts to run better the idle rises as the engine begins to run properly. I think it maybe a loose, connection because you can feel the bike surge and gain power as you ride it.

·
Registered
3,793 Posts
Couple things you could check to rule out things would be thottle cables, spark plugs, coil packs. Good way check see if you got bad coil is let the bike warm up spray some soapy water on each header tube if one doesnt dry quicker than others you have bad coil on that cylinder.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts