Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner
21 - 40 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
New fairings, puig window screen and carbon fiber seat cowl should be in this weekend.

I’ll post them once I get everything installed.

Can’t turn the bike on just yet airbox and ais system is out waiting for velocity stacks and the block off plates as well.

·
REPOST Enforcement Mod
'16 ZX-10R KRT
15,778 Posts
Thanks, @SkyDork , I think you have picked the best option for your needs, and you truly understand the compromise in that all.
When you said pure white, did you mean the 8000K? IMO 5000K is more 'yellow' than 6500K.

My Gen3 does not have the rear caps, and so the fan/heatsink freely sticks out, allowing that to draw the heat away from the LED.
Over here, there are aftermarket caps with protruding shape to accomodate the bulky heatsinks.
@alexei To me, the 5000k is the whitest of the colors. It is more "pure white" than anything else. The 2700-3000k is the incandescent color and the 6000k starts with the blueish tint. I see a hint of blue with the current 6000k bulbs I have, but it is as close as they make those to the color I prefer. That's the way I see it at least and everyone will see it a bit different.

Those dust caps look reasonable. I'd have to see how far they do stick out and how much space is available on the Gen 4/5 for those to clear the fork tubes as the front is turned. I know there isn't a lot there though and those may not work good. I'd have to do a bit more research if I wanted to go with a fan cooled bulb.

·
Registered
Gen3
69 Posts
Do you know what size would work on a gen2 I wouldn’t mind adding these while I have the fairings off.
I do not know, sorry, but can you try measure the diameter of the ring groove where the 'cup' would fit into, both outer and inner?

@SkyDork
Yeah, good to clear that up.
I think I have similar view with you on this, as 'generally' speaking (based on other automotive forums) 8000K seems to be the preferred term for 'white', though technically less accurate.

For 5000K, I think it is more accurately referred to as 'daylight' white. But, I'll take pure white, too.

Rectangle Font Line Screenshot Parallel

No matter the color temperature, LED will often always lack some blue, and too much of violet. That's the 'wow' effect whenever I put back incandescent bulbs once a while.

Rectangle Slope Font Line Plot

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Here we go.

One question is the right bulb designated for low beam? And left for high beam? I never noticed this until I turned it on today. The left only comes on if I flip the high beam switch.

·
Registered
Gen3
69 Posts
@Rvaughn2 nice nice nice!!!!
I believe right is low, left is high beam that's how it is on my G3. I would aim it at a wall, from about 10ft to make some adjustments on the beam level.

·
REPOST Enforcement Mod
'16 ZX-10R KRT
15,778 Posts
It's starting to get closer to being done and it's coming along nice. You have a problem with the tail though as the undertail should be flush with the taillight and not have that gap. You don't have the tabs right on that.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #38 ·
It's starting to get closer to being done and it's coming along nice. You have a problem with the tail though as the undertail should be flush with the taillight and not have that gap. You don't have the tabs right on that.
saving the tail for last doing mock ups and test fits at the moment.

·
REPOST Enforcement Mod
'16 ZX-10R KRT
15,778 Posts
Whoa. That thing is sitting low. Don't hit any potholes or that front fender will be destroyed. :oops:

21 - 40 of 51 Posts