Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Gen2: Front Rim *sold*

I have a stock (I think) front rim for sale with a slight ding in it. Ding was in the rim when I bought this bike, but I rode on this rim for a couple months before i had the chance to replace it. The ride felt fine, no vibration or anything that I could detect. I would have kept using this one but I had taken several years off riding and had planned on exceeding the speed limit so I wanted to replace the rim to be extra safe.

I don't know anything about repairing rims but I'd guess it would not cost very much since the ding is so small.

I'll say $150 + shipping obo

*edit* item sold

Attachments

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
if you are sure that it hold air and it doesnt wobble I will buy it. Please contact me. I will PM my # to you.
I did not check tire pressure when I rode on it, but I did not see any noticeable air loss for a couple months (ie. bike was ridden and sat in garage and did not show any visible signs of losing air).

As for vibration, I did not feel noticeable vibration when I rode on it. When I bought the bike, the front seals were leaking. I'm not sure if that was caused from the last owner doing wheelies and riding it rough, or from having this rim on the bike for a long period of time (assuming vibrating rim can cause seals to leak after a while).

I'm not a bike mechanic, so take that for what it's worth. All in all, the rim felt fine when I rode on it. As you can see, the ding in the rim is fairly small.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts