Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Gen2 Ripper
4,867 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I FINALLY uploaded a video of my bike to you tube. This is just a very short clip of me lightly revving the bike in garage to show the flames it shoots. At night they are ALOT more pronounced. But, for a daytime cell phone video, it turned out alright. Check it......

·
Gen2 Ripper
4,867 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
something is up with the syncing of the video. May need to hit replay to get it to play right.

·
Gen2 Ripper
4,867 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thats tuff and good to see someone not free revin the crap out of thier engine:thumbsup:
Thanks. I know to put it into gear if I were to really rev it. But I refrain from high RPM free revving my bikes. Not good for the valvetrane.

·
Gen2 Ripper
4,867 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Here's another short clip in garage. Youtube is giving me a warning that there is sync issues with the upload but I don't know if I can adjust what they say to adjust on my phone(motorolla atrix android2.3) to get better uploads. I'll work on it and see if I can.

·
Registered
4,480 Posts
Nice video, Is that exhaust for Gen3? I want a single side exhaust that dont cost 600. I was wondering if Gen3 would fit danmoto is 139! Also I think you have a chopstick stuck in your exhaust:lol:

·
Gen2 Ripper
4,867 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
They make them for gen3.
I don't know what the hell that is. I never saw that thing before,lol.

·
Gen2 Ripper
4,867 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
That is reflection of my gold sato rearset heel guard. It just looks like a thin stick because of angle looking down. I was like WTF!

·
Gen2 Ripper
4,867 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Nice video, Is that exhaust for Gen3? I want a single side exhaust that dont cost 600. I was wondering if Gen3 would fit danmoto is 139! Also I think you have a chopstick stuck in your exhaust:lol:
Keith, I misunderstood. They make them for gen2 and gen3 in two versions for each. Race/low mount or a street high mount. For gen2 the high mount is under tail on right side. For gen3 the high mount is just a longer side mount. Both gens low mount is the shorty gp style.

·
Gen2 Ripper
4,867 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Picture of the gen2 high mount/street version. Quieter and I imagine no flames with the longer piping and baffling material. The baffle material is metal like the austin racing, not fiberglass that burns out. My pipe sounds the same as the day I put it on.

Attachments

·
Gen2 Ripper
4,867 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Low mount for gen3.
They have 8 color options now too for an extra $50. I got my brushed stainless for $339the shipped. The exposed welds are bad ass looking.

Attachments

·
BigCat for Prez!
7,229 Posts
Should've held a marshmallow infront of it, then made a smore and panned to u eating said snore, and then said,"that's how a boss eats a God damned smore" LMAO

looks tight though but having only one can would drive me insane know in it came with 2...i love symmetry so much when I are wrecked mine the 1st time I was compelled to make the other side match :badteeth:

·
Gen2 Ripper
4,867 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
The way you were reving it reminds me of when they fire top fuel dragsters in the pit probably the coolest part of nhra events next to night runs
:+1: on night runs. That and when they switch over from burn out fuel to the insane race fuel. You know, there's that tone deaf moment when they switch over and you can feel the cylinders firing in your chest. Nothing like it.:mrgreen:

·
Newfie Bullet
2,341 Posts
Did i hear a lil bit on engine knock when you were blipin it??? Either that or somethin is rattleing next to the bike...

·
Gen2 Ripper
4,867 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Should've held a marshmallow infront of it, then made a smore and panned to u eating said snore, and then said,"that's how a boss eats a God damned smore" LMAO

looks tight though but having only one can would drive me insane know in it came with 2...i love symmetry so much when I are wrecked mine the 1st time I was compelled to make the other side match :badteeth:
Trust me, if comp Werkes made a twin under tail like they do for Ducati I would have bought it. I really like the Brocks dual under tail for gen2. But, this comp Werkes looks good, performs good and sounds good. Plus the gen2 has a nice factory tail section stock. You just can't see it with 2 pipes under it. I like the single low mount look alot. Gen2 has so many options for exhaust. We're lucky.

·
Gen2 Ripper
4,867 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Did i hear a lil bit on engine knock when you were blipin it??? Either that or somethin is rattleing next to the bike...
I have a rattle. The metal U of the lower fairings is missing the plastic clips and I used a little nut and bolt and it vibrates as it just barely touches the one header tube.

·
Newfie Bullet
2,341 Posts
AWWW..ok...As long as its not an important knock to know about..

·
Newfie Bullet
2,341 Posts
1 - 20 of 25 Posts