Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Zx team
can anybody explain me in MP how to remove immobilizer on my Gen2 because i prepare it for race and i would like to start just with a switch and remove ignition key switch with antenna, amplifier and wires
i have soon apply a strict diet to my harness ;)

in fisrt idea, i bought a us ECU..but US ECU is not a real full... so i want to keep my stock ecu wich is a real full and remove the useless around

any help greatly appreciated :):)

·
Registered
2,110 Posts
Hi, what do you mean by US ecu is not a full, as I understand it the only difference is there is no immobiliser on US bikes but there are more ignition and fuel restrictions that can be flashed out?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Michael

Mine stock ECU (Poland Machine) have that reference: 21175-0079 USA / Europe / UK - Full power + Kat with IMMO 175PS @ 11700 - 115Nm @9500

The Us i bought is This: 21175-0082 USA / Canada without IMMO / 164PS @ 10000 115Nm 9500

here is my source: Kawasaki ZX10R '06-'07 - ECU hacking

Note that if u want to install US without Immo on europe bike with immo you can simplify the harness but u have to solder an 100homs resistor on the blue 12v wire on u're ECU... "the grey on US bike scheme"
my source "ignition-bypass"

so th'at why i want to remove my immobilser and keep my Full ECU... have an idea how to? ;)

i see this
but no explain :unsure::(
@lex

·
REPOST Enforcement Mod
15,366 Posts
You have to reflash the ECU to US spec with the immobilizer removed in the software looking for the amplifier.

·
REPOST Enforcement Mod
15,366 Posts
Hi SkuDork
Many thanks for reply but how do i connect to my ecu? :unsure:
You need to buy a kit with the adaptor that will let you hook your computer to it and rewrite the firmware on the ECU. Woolich Racing is one kit and FTECU is another.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hi Skydork
just to say and for giving info .. i talk with the dealer of woolich.. i just have to take my us ECU ref 0082 and flas it with the 0079 map..
all is include in the soft.. so easy ..
after, unplug the immobilizer on my bike... solding a 100ohm resistor on my blue ecu wire and connecting it to my new ignition switch... and run...that's it

and second positive point, you can remove ignition key switch with antenna , amplifier, wires, ans the two oxygen sensors... good diet no? :p

wating my kit as a kid :LOL:

it is sure, us ecu is powerless than european full..

·
REPOST Enforcement Mod
15,366 Posts
Hi Skydork
just to say and for giving info .. i talk with the dealer of woolich.. i just have to take my us ECU ref 0082 and flas it with the 0079 map..
all is include in the soft.. so easy ..
after, unplug the immobilizer on my bike... solding a 100ohm resistor on my blue ecu wire and connecting it to my new ignition switch... and run...that's it

and second positive point, you can remove ignition key switch with antenna , amplifier, wires, ans the two oxygen sensors... good diet no? :p

wating my kit as a kid :LOL:

it is sure, us ecu is powerless than european full..
OK, that's right. There's a bit more to it than that to answer your question.

It has nothing to do with being more powerful or not. It's the same ECU internally. The software is different and you'll have access to it all with your kit. The US map just disables the immobilizer input so the software doesn't look for it. The first thing you're going to do is read your ECU binary file and save it as a backup. That will never change. You can reflash the US version of the binary file back to remove the immobilizer, but you'll copy over the fueling and ignition timing maps from your current ECU to the the new binary file you're writing. Save that as your 'current' version to your computer, flash that version to the ECU, and you'll have the same exact ECU you have now, just without the immobilizer. If you do it that way then the only thing different will be the removal of the immobilizer. So it's not about one being more powerful than another one or not. You aren't locked into that and you'll have that functionality with the kit to change it. Basically just a US bike with the Euro maps loaded on it. ;)

And yes, because the ECU doesn't care that there isn't an amplifier and key for the immobilizer, you can remove the components off the bike to simplify it and lose some weight. It will be stressful waiting for the delivery like it's Xmas. I can relate! :ROFLMAO:

·
REPOST Enforcement Mod
15,366 Posts
actually FTECU not available so a friend lend me fgtech galletto View attachment 445338
may be somebody have pin out schema on 06 07 ECU to plug it on my fgtech?
mp on [email protected]
sportively
Alex
Nope. Not sure why you got that from your friend. It won't work. That's an ODBII tool and it doesn't connect directly to the Mitsubishi ECU on these bikes. That's for reading and clearing service codes. According to the documentation on it, some cars and some bikes have settings that can be changed through the ODB port with something like that, but not Kawasaki's though. That is useless to you.

You need to find a tool that will rewrite the ECU, not change settings. The EEPROM on the ECU reads one file. That one file contains and does everything on the bike. You need a tool that knows the layout of that file, can make small changes to certain areas of it, create a new file with those changes, and write that new file to the non-volatile memory of the chip. The immobilizer code is part of that file and it's not accessed through the OBDII interface. If it was, any thief could just plug in a tool like that, press a button, and ride off on your bike. If the FTECU kit isn't available, then Woolich is likely your best/only option.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Oups:censored: SkyDork u're the best
I could search a couple of years with this tool..

done with woolich ;)

·
REPOST Enforcement Mod
15,366 Posts
Oups:censored: SkyDork u're the best
I could search a couple of years with this tool..

done with woolich ;)
Happy to help where I can. I'm glad to see you going with Woolich. I think that's the smart play here and you'll be happy you did.

·
Registered
2,110 Posts
Free google translate, is really not the best tool for technical discussions, for not much money you can buy or subscribe to a good translation service, (recommended) for your own advancement,

·
Registered
2,110 Posts
We English really are lapsidaisyicalll with other languages our schooling in foreign languages is a token really, me I cant even speak American. :unsure:

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Happy to help where I can. I'm glad to see you going with Woolich. I think that's the smart play here and you'll be happy you did.
Hi SkyDork
how are U? I hope well with this fu...ing disease
Here in France it's very hot.. as i live above the sea a lot of people who comes in holidays are COVID :(

So, Since our last conversation, i find woolich really expensive... and licencing system by ecu..120euro for onother one... i've got two zx10... gloups

So, sorry for my silence, but i was searching for a cheaper soluce for my zx ;)

And i found

First time i try with KTAG clone 2.25
i'ts not a good tool for bikes..fits 0079 but not 0082

Second, i bought a piasini suite clone 4.3
it works on 0079 and 0082
with this i have extracted my maps (bin file)
It'a a perfect tool

i bought a defintion file xdf for 0079 zx10r 06 07 and i copy maps in 0082 bin file (exactly as you say in above post)

i put the new bin in mu ecu with piasini... and it works

no key ignition
no immobilizer
no lambda (o2 sensor)
and i can work on my two bikes

now i can continue the build of my race bike because this ecu problem stops it for a month
I'll give u news
many thanks for u're help, because you give me the first kick ;):D
if u come to France (Antibes) let's have a beer ..

@michael4012: sorry for my poor english ;)

Attachments

·
REPOST Enforcement Mod
15,366 Posts
Hey! Glad to hear you got it all figured out with the Piasini system!

If the travel restrictions ever get lifted and I find my way over to France, I'll take you up on the beer offer! 🍻🍺🍺🍺 In the meantime, stay safe and good luck with the rest of your project!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts