Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can someone recommend a replacement rear shock for the Gen1 please. Something that doesn't cost an arm and a leg!!

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
Can someone recommend a replacement rear shock for the Gen1 please. Something that doesn't cost an arm and a leg!!
Why not respring and revalve the stock shock. Thats what I did. It works much better now and was a lot cheaper than an Ohlins or Penske. If your racing you might want the extra performance the Ohlins and Penske or any of the others offer. For streeting riding or trackday i found the revalved stock shock works just fine.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I am in UK so prices different (properly more expensive!!)
Re-spring and re-valve the stock shock might be an option.

·
Registered
2,617 Posts
Check out the guys at Racelab down on the south coast near Bournemouth , or you could get it re-valved and spring weight changed by any reputable suspension company over here in the UK. I have used Racelab , K-Tech did the work on my gen 1 shock until I change it out for a WP unit . Hope this helps as the companies didn't charge the earth for the work carried out.

·
Registered
2,617 Posts
Yeah a massive difference , was like a new bike, as everything was dialled in correctly. Well worth the purchase

1 - 7 of 7 Posts